Adrien Quatennens, accused of domestic violence against his wife, will not participate in the activities of his political group in the Assembly until justice has rendered its decision, the LFI group announced in a press release this Wednesday evening, November 23. .
“We hope that the ongoing legal proceedings will continue to their end. Once the court decision has been rendered, our group will collectively decide on the follow-up to be given within it”explains the parliamentary group. ” Until there “ the deputy from the north “will not participate in the activity of our parliamentary group”he continued in a press release.
The feminists of La France insoumise confronted with the return of Quatennens
This press release follows new accusations by Céline Quatennens on “physical and psychological violence” exercised since ” several years “accusations that the LFI deputy from the North contests “categorically”but which exposed him to several calls to withdraw completely from the Assembly.
New charges disputed
“I have suffered his anger, his crises, physical and moral violence for several years. Over the past few years, I have wanted a divorce three times, each time under pressure I backed out.assures Céline Quatennens in a press release, the authenticity of which was confirmed to AFP by her lawyer.
The deputy “categorically denies” these “False Accusations”replied his lawyer Jade Dousselin. “These statements come in the context of tense negotiations on the occasion of his divorce and disagreements on the financial terms and custody of their child”added Me Dousselin in a press release.
Quatennens affair: France rebellious on the verge of a generational break
“Most of the charges have not been brought against him”she underlines again, while the deputy is summoned to Lille on December 13, before a prosecutor behind closed doors, within the framework of a procedure of preliminary recognition of guilt (CRPC, sometimes called ” to plead guilty “). “No act of repeated violence or harassment has been retained by the prosecution”assures Me Dousselin.
A much-discussed possible return
The return of the deputy to the Palais Bourbon has been openly discussed within rebellious France in recent days. “We are working collectively on the terms and timetable for the return of Adrien Quatennens” in the Assembly, had indicated last week to AFP Manuel Bompard, unofficial boss of the party. Adrien Quatennens expressed his wish to return, indicated several rebellious deputies.
A return to the Assembly “no longer possible”, judges the boss of the PS Olivier Faure, a major ally of LFI within the left alliance Nupes, after the publication of these new accusations. For Olivier Faure, “our duty is to say” to Celine Quatennens “that we accept his word and believe it”.
“Everyone must respect the word of Céline Quatennens”commented LFI MP Raquel Garrido on Wednesday, assuring that “the parliamentary group had never said that a rapid return was needed” of the deputy for the North in the hemicycle.
“A lynching”: Mélenchon believes that Quatennens “must return” to the Assembly
“He already had no place in our hemicycle. Now it’s up to the courts to decide. It can’t be settled in front of a court Unsubmissive”tweeted Aurore Bergé, leader of the Renaissance deputies.
BIA “should exclude” Adrien Quatennens of his group, said the leader of the RN deputies Marine Le Pen on CNews. The far-right party has itself excluded from its group in the European Parliament, an MEP, Hervé Juvin, convicted of domestic violence.