After the reactivation of tourism, Peruvians use their free time as a suitable space to go on a trip and enjoy new places with family, partner or friends. However, despite the fact that COVID-19 infections have decreased considerably in the world, it does not mean that the chances of getting this pandemic disease have disappeared.
It is because of that Assist Carda comprehensive travel assistance company, recommends what to do in the event of a medical emergency during the trip.
- Identify severity of symptoms. If the symptoms are very serious, it is necessary to ask a close person for help so that he can solve any circumstance. Otherwise, the traveler is alone, call the emergency contact to notify the situation.
- Call the emergency center. Once the symptoms have been identified, it is important to contact the assistance emergency center so that they can inform you of what to do. The companies that accompany travelers in any medical situation outside the place of residence, attend 24 hours.
- Record data. After calling the emergency center, the traveler must indicate their complete information and request the type of medical assistance they require. This will help them assign a medical specialist appropriate to the patient’s needs.
- Telemedicine service. This telemedicine tool (which can be used at any time and from any device with an internet connection) will help the traveler to connect in real time through a digital channel with a doctor to attend primary queries such as cough, earache, fever, flu, muscle contractures, among others. What can be useful to relieve or resolve minor ailments.
- Refund service. In the event that the traveler cannot contact the emergency center, they can go to a health center and use the reimbursement service. Therefore, it is important to call within 24 hours of the emergency to request this service.
It is important that all travelers about to travel must take into account the measures, documents and requirements for entering the country of destination so that they can enjoy it to the fullest.