The physical activity and one balanced diet They help improve the quality of life and combat the development of diseases. In addition, they have a positive impact on mood, self-esteem and self-confidence. Because, the ROK expertsan experience center and store specializing in sports equipment, provide five recommendations to optimize your training thanks to food:
IT MAY INTEREST YOU: Did you know that exercise helps improve sleep? Here we tell you everything
1. Eat before training. Eating carbohydrates in small meals or drinks—at least an hour before starting the routine—helps improve performance, allowing training to be longer and more intense. Otherwise, there may be lightheadedness and fatigue.
2. Watch the portions you eat. While eating too much can make you lazy, eating too little may not provide the energy your body needs. That’s why it’s important to get your serving size right before you exercise.
READ HERE: Did you know that exercising reduces the risk of breast cancer?
3. Eat protein. After doing physical activity, the muscles need to recover. That is why, for the next two hours, it is important to eat a small snack that contains protein and carbohydrates.
4. Don’t overdo it with vitamin supplements. If you have a balanced diet, it will not be necessary to add additional supplements. An excessive intake of vitamins and minerals will not necessarily optimize athletic performance.
5. Moderate fats, salts and sugars. Although they are necessary to keep the body energized, it is preferable not to exceed their consumption. A good option is to prepare food in the oven or on the grill.
What to do before and after training?
For his part, Renato Salazar, renowned coach and nutritional advisor, indicates that before and after training, we should mainly have sources of protein —for example, tuna, chicken or eggs— and carbohydrates —which we can find in fruits, grains such as rice and oats, or gluten-free noodles.
In addition, the proportion of food consumed will depend on the requirements of each person, based on their body composition and their weekly physical activity regimen. “Vegetables should make up between 40% and 50% of the total on your plate, due to the micronutrients they provide. Let’s also remember that fruits, legumes and cereals are carbohydrates, the most efficient source of energy for the body. The problem arises when we consume them excessively ”, he points out.
For this reason, Salazar indicates that the consumption of ultra-processed products (fried foods, bagged snacks, cookies, chocolates, sweets, soft drinks, dairy products, cereals with a high content of added sugars, etc.) should be reduced as much as possible. “All of these foods are highly caloric and pro-inflammatory, which aggravates the levels of inflammation that our bodies can present.”
How much exercise to do?
According to World Health Organization (WHO), an adult should get at least 150 minutes of physical activity a week. This way you can prevent the development of type 2 diabetes, heart disease and other diseases.
However, only one in four people over the age of 18 meet this condition. To encourage more people to live an interactive experience in their exercise routines, technology has become a great ally.
Good app for physical activity
For example, iFIT is an application that allows access to exercise sessions with the best coaches in the world. if the apps Connected to a smart training machine, you can automatically adjust your speed, resistance and incline in real time, while following a trainer’s routine. These and other innovations from the world of fitness can be found at ROK, at Avenida El Derby 260, Surco.
Protests in Peru: Economic losses from protests exceed 2 billion soles
Dina Boluarte and her commented phrases about the protests and deaths before the foreign press
How to avoid getting conjunctivitis?