Especially when it comes to online dating, you can hardly avoid a blind date. Even if you have the opportunity to write to each other beforehand, search through each other’s profile or, if necessary, make a phone call, the first meeting is always a surprise. Still it will Getting to know each other via the Internet is becoming more and more popular. That’s why our Tips will help next time and create a feeling of security.
These things should be considered before the blind date
- Trust your gut feeling. The most important rule before the meeting is to listen to your own feelings. Our gut feeling is a loyal companion and helps us to escape from unpleasant situations or to avoid them from the start. The first signs while writing or talking on the phone can help to assess how the date might go. Does she write nonstop and is almost chaining? Do his statements not always match and do you get the feeling that he is not being honest? Time is precious, so dates are not worth it if it is clear in advance that there are differences.
- Choosing the right place. Even if the first meeting on the Internet was a complete success, it can happen that the date backfires. For this reason, it makes sense to choose places that you can leave quickly and easily. In a café in the city center you always have the opportunity to leave if you are not feeling well. A 5-course meal with someone who doesn’t meet your expectations, on the other hand, can quickly turn into a nightmare.
- Also pay attention to your own safety. Women in particular should always have a contact person who can be on hand in an emergency or at least can help. A short message on a friend’s cell phone is enough to confirm that everything is okay. A short signal is also enough to receive support in order to get out of the uncomfortable situation.
- Respect is important, but so is honesty. It doesn’t help either yourself or your date partner if the date is brought to an end with bend and break, although after a few moments it is clear that nothing can come of it. So if you realize that it’s not the right thing to do, you should be honest and end the date. Of course, the other should always be treated with respect. A factual explanation that the ideas are too far apart helps both parties and one diverges on the good. Not every date can lead to great love happiness, but it doesn’t have to be.
- Don’t bury your head in the sand. Precisely because not every date can lead to success and because it is not always easy to find the right person, you should not be disappointed and give up the search for whom a meeting will not work. It doesn’t have to be that one of them made a mistake or is unbearable. Often, plans for the future, interests or hobbies just don’t go together. However, the next meeting could be great love.
Reasons for the date with the stranger
One might think, of course, that there are many things that speak against a blind date. The possible disappointment, the nervousness in advance or the fear of possible dangers. Then why are there blind dates at all?
The great advantage of such a meeting is that you can cannot be biasedbecause you simply know little to nothing about the other person. In the case of other coupling actions by friends or family, there are usually dozens of additional information included and the person is connected to the coupler. In general, many people find it annoying to get hooked up all the time. Can’t you choose yourself who you like and who you want to get to know?
Without any pressure or expectations from others but also from oneself, it can often be approached much more freely and loosely. You engage in conversations and situations with an open mind, and deep, impressive conversations and more may arise.
Conclusion: Blind Date – A great opportunity to experience new things
Blind dates are certainly not the solution to all single problems. The risk of a misstep is probably higher than with classic dates. However, these meetings can a good change and addition where you can grow steadily and gain new experience. Online dating in particular is a great opportunity to meet nice singles.