- Create emergency supplies: Federal Office for Disaster Protection published Emergency advisor with checklist fr Vorrte fr 10 Tage
- Include supplies Groceries, beverages, medicines, hygiene articles and more
- “The goal must be 10 days without shopping to be able to survive “
- Complete emergency advisor with checklist for download
It is best to store supplies for emergencies during quiet times. That Federal Office for Disaster Protection advises all citizens to always have a supply in the house with which they can survive for 10 days – just in case. The Federal Office provides an overview of which of them are on a comprehensive list Groceries and other things should not be missing in any household. Basically, it is always possible that something unforeseen happens – be it a storm, power failure or internet blackout. And then it’s good to be prepared and have some emergency supplies at home. The complete checklist of the Federal Office for Disaster Control for a 10-day emergency supply can be downloaded as a PDF at the end of this article.
Preparation: meal plan, escape routes and meeting points
That “Federal Office for Civil Protection and Disaster Assistance” has published an emergency guide in which all citizens are advised to find one at home Emergency supply for 10 days to put on. This supply includes Groceries and beverages, but also Medicines and toiletries as well as necessary utensils for the Fire protection and one possible Power failure. In addition, the guide explains what to do Document backup needs and what all in Notgepck belongs to. On a practical one Checklist you can simply tick off the items as soon as you have obtained them and stored them.
“In the event of a disaster such as a flood, power failure or storm, there is a risk that food will be difficult to get,” said the Federal Office in the emergency advisory. “Make sure you have a sufficient supply. Your goal must be Survive 10 days without shopping to be able to. The solution is your responsibility. Whether and how much you make provisions is a personal decision. “In addition, the authors recommend close agreements within the family with regard to this Escape routes, meeting points and central storage locations of documents such as passports.
When it comes to food, one thing is particularly important: you should too Longer shelf life without cooling be and one should no experiments dare, but rely on tried and tested foods that one would also like to eat in a normal situation. In any case, the diet should be balanced. “In the following overview you will find an example of a 10-day basic supply for one person,” writes the Federal Office for Disaster Protection. “This corresponds to approx. 2,200 kcal per day and thus usually covers the total energy requirement. Take this into account in your planning personal preferences, diet regulations, and allergies. “
Create emergency stocks: These foods are on the Federal Office’s checklist
The information provided by the “BBK” relates in terms of quantity to one person. The following foods are on the checklist:
- 20 liters of water – 2 liters per day per person, 5 liters of which are planned for the preparation of pasta, potatoes and rice
- 3.5 kilograms of potatoes, trip and grain
- 4 kilograms of legumes and Gemse – mainly in cans or glasses
- 2.5 kilograms of fruit – mainly in cans and glasses
- 2,6 Liter respectively kilogram milk and dairy products – mainly products that do not need to be refrigerated
- 0.357 kilograms of fat and l
- Spices, sugar and sweetener
The Federal Office also advises storing ready meals such as canned ravioli. The number of doses varies from person to person. Tip: With the supply calculator you can calculate your personal supply for 1 to 28 days on the official website of the Federal Office for Disaster Protection.
Medicine cabinet: These funds should be in there
In addition to food and drinks, a medicine cabinet is also part of the emergency supplies. According to the Federal Office for Civil Protection and Disaster Relief, this should contain the following medicines and utensils:
- First aid cabinets (DIN standard)
- Medicines prescribed by the doctor
- Disinfectants for the skin
- Disinfectant for wounds
- Clinical thermometer
- Remedies for diarrhea
- Sunburn and insect bites ointments
In addition, the Federal Office for Disaster Control recommends providing a sleeping bag, waterproof clothing and tools. One rechargeable crank flashlight * can also be useful.
Supplies for power failure, fire and document backup
The Federal Office’s list includes not only food and beverages, i.e. basic supplies, but also other supplies. The checklist includes fire protection, a possible power failure, document security and even a radio and sufficient reserve batteries.
The emergency advisor with checklist for download
the complete checklist with all supplies and groceries for the case of a disaster the Federal Office for Civil Protection and Disaster Relief is here as Download (PDF) available.
* Note: In the editorial team we are always looking for useful products for our readers. The links provided in this article and marked with a shopping cart symbol or an asterisk are so-called affiliate links / advertising links. If you click on one of these links and shop over them, we receive a commission from the retailer. This does not change the price for you. Our editorial reporting is basically independent of the existence or the amount of a commission.