Next Thursday, September 22, it will take place in Bogota a new day of Day without car and motorcycle.
According to the mayor, claudia lopezand the new Mobility Secretary, Deyanira Ávila Moreno, the date was changed out of precaution and care given the COVID-19 pandemic.
The district administration recommended scheduling the tours in advance to avoid difficulties in reaching destinations on time. This will be the only day they are authorized to transit buses Y public service taxisusually between 5:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
These are other exceptions to be aware of
- Besides of public transportincluded in this group are vehicles and motorcycles for people with disabilities and school transportation for educational institutions.
- Vehicles and motorcycles intended for traffic management and cranes that provide the service to the District Mobility Secretariat
- Vehicles that are part of the security scheme of the Presidency of the Republic
- Surveillance and private security motorcycles authorized by the Surveillance Superintendence
- Vehicles assigned by the National Protection Unit to citizens who have protection measures. Hearses.
- Motorcycles linked to companies and/or commercial establishments, which provide the courier service
- Vehicles and motorcycles linked to automotive education schools
- Vehicles and motorcycles destined for the operational control of Transmilenio
- Motor vehicles and motorcycles used by the District Secretary of the Environment or by the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development or whoever takes their place, for the review, attention and prevention of polluting emissions and discharges, among others.
- Transport of valuables
- Military vehicles and motorcycles, National Police and State Security Organizations.
- Diplomatic or consular service vehicles and motorcycles.
- Vehicles identified with special plates assigned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.