Facebook Feed recommendations aren’t always helpful. Feed is designed to recommend content you’re likely to like to see. And it’s based on your Facebook activity, your connections, and the level of engagement a given post receives.
But not every Facebook user wants to see the most popular posts or Facebook’s attempts to understand what you would like to see. Sometimes you just want to see the latest posts that have been shared. If that’s the case for you, it’s important to say that you’re not stuck with the Facebook feed algorithm. You can sort your Feed to show your most recent posts – and we can show you how.
Note: While you can sort your Feed to show the most recent posts, Facebook said “Feed will eventually revert to its default settingo”. So it is likely that you will need to enable it again in the future.
Facebook Chronological: How to see the most recent posts first?
In short, you can configure your Facebook through your smartphone or computer. Below, see how to configure.
If you access Facebook through your PC, the process of setting your Feed to be viewed chronologically (the most recent posts) is quite simple. See what to do below:
- Open the internet browser on your PC;
- Then go to Facebook.com. Once there, log into your account;
- After that, the first thing you should see is your Feed;
- To sort your Feed posts to show the most recent ones, navigate to the left side menu and select the option Last.
Now your Feed is sorted to show you the most recent posts first. The top of your Feed should say “Latest”. If you want to re-sort your Feed posts by Facebook recommendations (Top Posts), click on the blue link Back to top posts.
Note: If you don’t see the option last near the top of the left side menu, don’t worry. You should still be able to access it by selecting the option View more from that same menu. Then, after expanding the menu, the option last must appear. You may need to scroll down the left side menu to see it.
Facebook recently released a new Feeds tab feature for the mobile app. You can use this feature on Android and iOS to see more content from your loved ones, and those posts will automatically sort chronologically.
The following instructions were written and tested on an Android device, but should apply equally to iOS devices. Here’s how to chronologically view your Facebook Feed in the mobile app.
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- Your app should default to show you the Home Feed, which will display all the Top Posts, but not necessarily the most recent ones.
- To see the latest posts, tap the icon at the top of the screen that looks like a rectangle with a clock in front of it. this is the guide feeds. (On iOS, it should appear at the bottom of the screen).
- The Feeds tab has its own subsections that you can select to further narrow down your newly chronologically sorted feed: All, favorites, Friends, groups and Pages. Each of the subsections in the Feeds tab should show their respective posts chronologically, with the most recent posts at the top.