French confidence in Macron and Borne slightly up

The confidence rating of the President of the Republic has gained a point and rises to 38%, according to an Elabe poll published on Thursday.

Confidence in Emmanuel Macron has increased by one point to 38%, an increase of six points in two months, and Prime Minister Élisabeth Borne is also up (32%, +3) according to an Elabe poll for The echoes and Radio Classique published this Thursday.

On the other hand, they are 26% (+1) to “not really trust” the Head of State and 29% (-5) have “not trust at all”, i.e. a sub-total of 55%, down four points from the previous delivery of this survey, on June 30, ten days after the legislative elections which deprived the Head of State of an absolute majority in the National Assembly.

A total of 30% (+1) of respondents said they “rather trust” the President of the Republic “to deal effectively with the country’s main problems” and 8% (=) trust him “completely”.

Philippe at the top of the “ranking of personalities”

At the same time, while the majority and the right have agreed on the measures adopted in the Assembly, the Head of State has recorded a sharp drop among the voters of LR presidential candidate Valérie Pécresse (32%, -10, -17 points since his re-election).

Distrust of the executive diminishes during this summer period”, notes Elabe who also reports an increase in confidence for Elisabeth Borne, at 32% (+3).

In addition, former Prime Minister Édouard Philippe still dominates the “ranking of personalities”, with 49% positive image (+4), ahead of the leader of the National Rally Marine Le Pen (34%, stable) and the Minister of Economy Bruno Le Maire (34%, +1).

The survey was carried out from August 1 to 3 with a sample of 1,000 people, representative of the French population according to the quota method, with a margin of error of between 1.4 and 3.1 points.

Leave a Comment