This knowledgeable and lovable daft bunch is looking forward to seeing you. And it’s really harmless. Except for Steffi’s cat.
You can find your way around Night City better than in your hometown, don’t you call the exorcist when you see hex fields and greet your friends with Warzone emotes? Congratulations, you’ve cleared the first hurdle to become part of our editorial team either as a trainee or editor, depending on your professional experience!
As an editor, you will become a full team member of Germany’s largest game editorial team. Together with us you will design, produce and update a diverse range of online content that is read, seen and heard by thousands of gaming fans every day.
As a trainee, we will teach you how to research and prepare online articles in such a way that they not only interest thousands of readers, but also entertain them. You will get to know all facets of online journalism – from short news, columns and features to the large topic hub.
And regardless of whether you are a trainee or editor: you will of course also visit game developers and events – always with the aim of telling the most exciting stories about gaming.
What you can look forward to
- You research, write and edit articles such as news, opinions, features, reviews etc. for GameStar.de and maintain them in a complex CMS
- You design, write and set video contributions and podcasts
- You take part in industry events and conduct interviews
- You optimize our content in a user-oriented manner according to the latest SEO and web publishing knowledge
- You design new article formats and projects together with the team
What we can look forward to
- Abitur and / or completed training
- Practical journalistic experience in the media sector is an advantage – whether on a fan page, a blog or professionally (trainee)
- You have several years of professional experience in a reach-oriented online editorial team (editor).
- SEO knowledge and basic knowledge of content management systems are beneficial (trainee)
- You understand how users get to websites (SEO, AMP, Discover etc.) and what you have to do so that they not only read an article with us, but also like to stay longer and, above all, come back (editor).
- You have not only been enthusiastic about PC and video games for as long as you can remember, but also suck up every snippet of information – be it on Reddit and Twitter, in community forums or directly from the manufacturers.
- Confident in style, journalistic thinking and professional writing. You are able to convey even highly complex topics in an understandable and entertaining way.
- You have a keen sense for a target group-specific language, excellent knowledge of German and very good knowledge of English.
- You burn every day as part of a dedicated team to create the damn best game website in the galaxy every day!
What we offer you
- A full-time position for our location in Munich
- A fair payment
- An exciting challenge and opportunities for advancement
- A very good working atmosphere and varied tasks at a dynamic and globally successful online publisher
- Fast communication thanks to flat hierarchies and a lot of personal responsibility.
- The chance and ambition to actively help shape and develop GameStar.de
- A wide range of training opportunities
- Flexible working hours and home office arrangements
- A very good connection to public transport and … well … the Oktoberfest within walking distance of the office (Munich center, directly at the Heimeranplatz stop)
It all sounds like it was made for you and you can fully identify with our GameStar values? Then we look forward to your complete application including cover letter, résumé, your favorite games and genres as well as meaningful work samples from the area of gaming via our online form.