The German Bundestag offers young graduates from Arab countries the opportunity to participate in a scholarship program every year. And this, within the framework of an international parliamentary course organized in the period going from September 1st to September 30th.
The international parliamentary internship is dedicated to graduates Arab universities, who are interested in the democratic values of their countries and wish to follow an internship according to the German parliamentary system. The Bundestag is thus offering a period of four weeks to learn more about the decision-making system in Germany.
Moreover, in a press release shared on its official page. The German Embassy in Algiers has announced the extension of the deadline for submitting applications for this scholarship. Indeed, this diplomatic representation has indicated that the last date is set for August 31, 2022.
How to be eligible for the international parliamentary internship of the Bundestag?
Those selected to participate in this course will receive a grant of 500 euros in addition to full coverage, in particular for insurance and civil liability costs, as well as travel and accommodation costs. However, to be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet a few conditions, namely:
- Be a citizen of one of the countries participating in this scholarship, including Algeria;
- Under the age of 35;
- Have a higher education diploma;
- Have a minimum B2 level in German;
- Show an interest in politics.
How to apply for the international parliamentary internship of the Bundestag?
To participate in this international parliamentary course of the Bundestag, it is necessary to send, online, a detailed and complete file to the German Embassy in Algeria. This folder should contain:
- A letter of motivation written in German and signed manually;
- A letter of recommendation written in German or English;
- An application form, which you can download from the Bundestag website;
- A proof of the level of mastery of the German language;
- ID photos;
- A certified copy of the candidate’s diploma.
In addition, following an initial selection of complete files, the successful candidates will be called to present themselves during an individual interview. Indeed, the latter will be organized at the level of the German Embassy in Algiers, where a special commission will assess the candidates according to their skills.