The German Bundestag offers young graduates from Arab countries the opportunity to participate in a scholarship program every year. And this, within the framework of an international parliamentary course organized in the period going from September 1st to September 30th.
The international parliamentary internship is dedicated to graduates of Arab universities. Who, are interested in democratic values in their countries. And wish to follow an internship according to the German parliamentary system. The Bundestag thus offers a period of four weeks to get to know the decision-making system in Germany more closely.
Moreover, in a press release shared on its official page. The German Embassy in Algiers has announced the extension of the deadline for submitting applications for this scholarship. Indeed, this diplomatic representation has indicated that the last date is set for August 31, 2022.
How to be eligible for the international parliamentary internship of the Bundestag?
Those selected to participate in this course will receive a grant of 500 euros in addition to full support. In particular, insurance and civil liability costs, travel and accommodation costs. However, to be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet a few conditions, namely:
- Be a citizen of one of the countries participating in this scholarship, including Algeria;
- Aged less than 35 years old;
- Have a higher education diploma;
- Have a minimum B2 level in German;
- Show an interest in politics.
How to apply for the international parliamentary internship of the Bundestag?
To participate in the Bundestag’s international parliamentary course, you must send a detailed and complete file online to the German Embassy in Algeria. This folder should contain:
- A letter of motivation written in German and signed manually;
- A letter of recommendation written in German or English;
- An application form, which you can download from the Bundestag website;
- A proof of the level of mastery of the German language;
- ID photos;
- A certified copy of the candidate’s diploma.
In addition, following an initial selection of complete files, the successful candidates will be called to present themselves during an individual interview. Indeed, the latter will be organized at the level of the German Embassy in Algiers. Where, a special commission will evaluate the candidates according to their skills.