Ghislaine Maxwell

Judge Alison J. Nathan announced the date Friday, despite the judge waiting to receive a request from Maxwell’s defense attorneys that a new trial be held. The claim must be formally corrected by 19 January, and the judge promises an answer no later than 2 February.

Maxwell’s defenders announced earlier this month that they would demand a new trial after it was revealed that a jury member had told the rest of the jury that he himself had been sexually abused as a child.

In several interviews after the jury’s decision came before the New Year, the jury member said, among other things, that he helped convince several members of the jury who were doubtful about the explanations of two of the four women who told about alleged abuse they were subjected to by billionaire Jeffrey Epstein and his friends. The man is said to have told the rest of the jury that he does not remember all the details about the abuse he himself was subjected to.

On December 29, 60-year-old Maxwell was found guilty of having contributed to the abuse of several girls as young as 14 years old. The circumstances are said to have taken place between 1994 and 2004. Epstein, who was Maxwell’s partner for a long time, took his own life in prison while awaiting his trial. Maxwell could face up to life in prison.

Leave a Comment