The viewing success Kompani Lauritzen is in full swing, and the Tropp 1 season recently concluded – which has broken countless records.
In the new edition of the series, twelve young adults had to fight to get their lives back on track, when they had to undergo the military regime of Colonel Dag Otto Lauritzen (66). Here they had to go down to the basement, test their limits, and feel a sense of mastery.
Now the series is returning to its roots, and season four of the success with celebrity recruits will already be on the screen in the New Year.
For many of the celebrities, glitz and luxury have been replaced by barracks and military uniform – which has been quite a transition for some of them.
Now two of the recruits open up about the demanding experience – before it is shown on TV.
Two of this season’s recruits are actor Thomas Hayes (25) and YouTuber Agnete “Agnetesh” Husebye (26).
After recording, the days have passed slowly, especially since they haven’t been able to talk to anyone about the details.
On Friday afternoon, however, the celebrity recruits in season four were announced, which led to the duo being able to shrug their shoulders:
– I think it’s great to finally be able to tell about it, when it came out I just thought: “Oh, now it’s happening!”. Finally, I can breathe a little, Husebye tells Good Morning Norway with a laugh.
However, it has been several years since we could see Hayes on screen, and he is now returning to the screen in a new costume. Literally.
– Now it’s been a while since I was last on TV, and when it was released I thought there was going to be a lot of action. But it was the opposite. That’s perfectly fine, he chuckles.
But when it comes to why he agreed to a TV comeback – especially on Kompani Lauritzen – the answer is unclear.
– Why I said yes, I ask myself several times. Why I did that I still don’t know. I didn’t quite know what it was all about, and had no experience from the military either.
But there is green blood in Husebye’s veins, and she reveals that she got a tip from her lieutenant brother before she turned her gun on Setnesmoen.
This is how the new participants in Kompani Lauritzen have prepared
– I have a brother who is a lieutenant, and I felt pressure not to screw myself up, or screw up the familyvnet! I also have a grandfather who has worked in NATO for all these years, so I felt that I couldn’t screw myself up completely, she says and continues:
– I had a chat with my brother and tried to get all the tips and tricks I could. But I don’t feel I got anything. He said I should turn on music while I washed the barracks, but we don’t have mobile phones in there.
Despite that, he sent one important message, warning her that she would immediately experience an indentation shock.
However, she did not see that message until she came out again.
– He could have said that earlier! I don’t know if it would have helped, but I got a lot of indentation shock. It is about being shocked when you move in, that it is brutal, and that the commanders are strict. It’s their job to scare us a little, so I cried the first day.
Hayes confirms that he was also brought to tears, but could content himself with the fact that it was not during the very first day at the barracks:
– I cried too, but not on the first day. There were a few tears eventually. I imagined there would be a bit more TV setup, but it wasn’t here. There were things all the time, and I often thought: “Is the ensign playing meat now, or is he serious?”.
In addition, he does not hide the fact that you come straight into a bubble, where there were many impressions at once. There was little time to talk to each other and things were happening continuously.
– When you come in and see the way the ensign walks, with the thousand-meter gaze, no… You want to collapse with laughter, but at the same time think about how you can escape from there.
While Husebye had a brother who was a lieutenant, the actor, on the other hand, had local knowledge and a cabin in Rauma municipality. That might have helped a little.
– I have been there many times before, since my boyfriend has a cabin there. But I didn’t tell anyone. I managed to build up my psyche a bit ahead of time and knew the roads, so I was familiar with the local area some ways, he admits.
Watch the premiere of season four of Kompani Lauritzen in winter 2023, on TV 2 Direkte and TV 2 Play.