The wheat dough needs no raising, only raising. Read the recipe before you start. If you bake buns, you can make a double portion, nice to freeze.
A pastry or approx. 20 buns
- 5 dl whole milk
- 1 ½ dl liquid Melange *
- 125 g melis
- 50 g fresh yeast (preferably for sweet doughs)
- About. 750 g wheat flour (start with 700 g)
- ¾ ts cardamom
- ⅕ ts salt
- 2-3 dl vanilla cream, bought or made yourself
- 3-4 apples in cubes
- Possibly 2-3 tablespoons sugar and a little cinnamon if you wish
- Possibly 1-2 dl raisins (hard / dry raisins soak them in a little lukewarm water before using them in the filling)
This is what you do:
Put milk, melange and powdered sugar in a saucepan. Whisk together and heat to finger warm. Crumble fresh yeast in the flour, dry yeast is sprinkled in the flour. Add cardamom and salt and add the finger-warm milk mixture. Knead together into a smooth dough, which releases the baking dish.
Instead of using wheat flour when baking, grease the baking tray and hands with a little liquid Melange. Place the dough on the baking tray, roll out into a rectangle. Spread over vanilla cream, sprinkle over apple workouts and possibly some sugar, cinnamon and raisins. Roll up and form into a pastry on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cover with a cloth and set (warm) to rise for 1-1 ½ hours until the pretzel has risen. Brush with egg and sprinkle with powdered sugar before frying. Bake on the middle rack in a hot oven at 200 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Baking time can vary from oven to oven and the size / thickness of the pretzel. Cool on a rack.
* In collaboration with product placement