Twitter has become an integral part of our everyday lives. Your tweets, media and direct messages may contain critical and important information about your personal life or online business.
All in all, a Twitter backup protects against the risk of losing your Twitter data. This could be due to a ban or a voluntary departure from the platform. In addition, rumors on social networks have recently grown that it could be the end of the platform, after Elon Musk’s purchase and changes in the company.
In view of this, it is essential to know how to back up your profile, and thus prevent any closure of the platform. Below, check out the step by step on how to make this backup.
How to make a Twitter backup?
Twitter allows you to download an archive of all your tweets, replies, followers, media, lists, address book and direct messages. Twitter requires that you verify that your email address is verified and that you are logged into your Twitter account in the same browser you are using to download the Twitter file. It may take a few days for Twitter to send the file to your email.
Twitter also allows you to download a machine-readable file containing data related to your account in HTML and JSON files. Follow the steps below to backup your Twitter data.
- Open the twitter homepage🇧🇷
- Then click on 🇧🇷 just below the profile icon;
- Afterwards, go to your account settings by clicking on settings and Support🇧🇷
- Right after, select Settings and privacy;
- click in Your account in the menu that appears and select Download a file of your data;
- At this point, Twitter will ask you to verify your Twitter account by sending a code to the email address or phone number you used to sign up for Twitter. If this information is not already in the system, you will be redirected to the page information from account;
- After the verification process is completed, click on the request data🇧🇷
- When the download is ready, Twitter will deliver a copy to your email or send you a push notification if you have the app installed. Click the download link on email🇧🇷 An alternative way to download the data is to navigate to the icon settings on the homepage of your Twitter account and click the button To go down Dice in the section download data🇧🇷
- Open the email sent to you and click the Download to download a ZIP file of your Twitter archive. Make sure you are logged into your Twitter account when doing this. You will now have the data saved on your device.
Why should you back up your Twitter account?
Twitter stands out from other social media networks because it’s the place to be if you want to know what’s going on and communicate your opinions and values. This makes it a great platform to connect with like-minded people and promote a brand online.
If you’re on Twitter for any of these purposes, you have valuable data on the platform that you can’t afford to lose. Backing up your Twitter account ensures that you can always access your direct messages and other data, even if you leave the platform, or if the Twitter platform collapses under Elon Musk’s management.
What’s included in your Twitter archives?
Your Twitter archive is a repository that contains all the valuable data you’ve accumulated on the platform over time. The file should contain: Your profile information, tweets, direct messages, moments, media, a list of your followers, a list of accounts you are following, your address book, your Twitter lists, demographic and interest information, information about advertisements you’ve seen or engaged in, and much more.