Fortnite is one of the most popular games on YouTube and Twitch. If you have a channel on these platforms, learn how to make fortnite thumbnail. The tip will make your videos look better and more beautiful to viewers.
It is possible to thumbnail Fortnite using image editing platforms. In the following tutorial, Kapwing was used. Some thumbnail templates already have predefined designs, texts and other elements that follow the style of Fortnite. See below.
How to create fornite thumbnail for youtube
Similar to Canva, Kapwing is a free online platform that offers dozens of templates for you to create thumbnails for YouTube or Twitch. There are pre-set options like the ones listed below, or you can start a thumbnail from scratch.
To thumbnail Fortnite using Kapwing, go to one of the following options:
Now just follow the tutorial to edit your Fortnite thumbnail:
- Open one of the above options in Kapwing;
- Click on “Edit This Template” to open the editing screen;
- Make the necessary modifications, including text, background, images, among other elements;
- On your left are buttons for adding new items. On the right, the controls for modifying objects that are already in the scene;
- When finished editing, click on “Export Project”, in the upper right corner;
- Select “HD” resolution;
- Click “Export as JPEG” to save the file to your device.
Ready. Using pre-configured templates, beginner streamers who are building a YouTube or Twitch channel can easily thumbnail Fortnite.
YouTube has a list of recommendations for thumbnails for videos on the platform. They can also be used for Twitch video thumbnails.
The guidelines are as follows:
- The thumbnail must have a resolution of 1,280 x 720 (minimum width and 640 pixels);
- The thumbnail must be in JPG, GIF (no animation) or PNG image format;
- The file must be no more than 2 MB;
- Thumbnails with an aspect ratio of 16:9 are accepted;
- You may not use thumbnails that violate YouTube’s Community Guidelines, including nudity or sexual content, hate speech, violence, or harmful or dangerous content.
In the case of YouTube, the platform may still limit the use of custom thumbnails if you’ve made too many changes in a 24-hour period. In addition, YouTube may disable thumbnails deemed sensitive without notice.
Tips for a good Fortnite thumbnail
If the focus of your video is Fortnite, the ideal is to bet on images that make a direct reference to the game. They can be elements of the characters, scenarios or the game’s own logo. This, of course, as long as publicity photos provided by Epic Games, the developer of Fortnite, are used to avoid copyright infringement.
Another way to make your Fortnite thumbnail stand out is to use a photo of yourself with a facial expression (surprise, disappointment, joy, etc) that represents the content of the video. People tend to click more on a video that has this feature. Combine that kind of reaction with big letters. After all, the viewer needs to know what the video is about already in the thumbnail.