I’m a celebrity: Richard Madeley set for Good Morning Britain return after release

Richard Madeley is set to return to Good Morning Britain on Monday, following his early release of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here !.

The 65-year-old was rushed to hospital yesterday after falling ill from a Bushtucker trial, and later announced his departure from the ITV series.

Discussing his shock exit on today’s episode of Good Morning Britain, Ben Shephard appeared to confirm he will be on the show next week to talk about life at Gwrych Castle.

“Apparently we’re going to talk to Richard on Monday,” he said. “We will be able to communicate with the man …”

“We hope so,” Charlotte interjected, as Ben continued, “Now we say, is he sick? What happened? He went from “we talk to him” to “we hope so”.

“If we can pin Richard Madeley, hopefully we get him on the show on Monday. “

Ben Shephard and Charlotte Hawkins have confused Richard Madeley’s return (Photo: ITV)

Earlier in the episode, the host also said his boyfriend’s exit was “a mistake” – as he only left four days after the competition started.

“It was short and sweet,” he continued. “It’s such a shame because Richard was the one who was trying to persuade others not to go and all of a sudden he left.

“Looks like it was a bit of a Covid-19 protocol issue, he broke the bubble to go to the hospital and couldn’t go back.

“I feel like someone made a little mistake there,” he added. “It’s a real shame because he’s already an integral part of the series. “

Richard left the I’m A Celebrity castle after just a few days (Photo: ITV)

Richard confirmed his departure from I’m A Celeb camp on Thursday, shortly after the start of the ITV series.

After reports of his hospital visit were published, the TV presenter explained that he would not be returning to the castle.

‘Hello everyone! Richard here – first just to say I’m absolutely OK, ”he began the long post. “I started to feel briefly sick in the early hours of the morning and was taken to hospital as a precaution.

“By leaving the camp I had therefore broken the Covid ‘bubble’ and as such had to leave the castle and all the wonderful celebrities who remain in the camp.

“Obviously, I’m sorry to be leaving so early, but the safety of all campmates is the number one priority.

Plus: TV

“I’m incredibly excited to see their journey continue… even more at the thought of being somewhere a little warmer than Gwrych Castle.” “

“Thank you to everyone who supported me on my brief but totally unforgettable adventure – I made some great friends and honestly had an unforgettable time,” he concluded. “Speak soon, Richard X.”

A statement from the bosses of I’m A Celeb added: “Our strict covid protocols mean that Richard unfortunately had to leave the show as he is no longer in the bubble that celebrities form upon entering the castle.

“He was a really brilliant campmate and we thank him for being a part of this series. “

Good Morning Britain continues weekdays at 6 a.m. on ITV.

Do you have a story?

If you have a celebrity story, video or photos, contact the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us at [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit page love to hear from you.


MORE: RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 3 crowns winner after epic finale


MORE: Jeremy Clarkson narrowly escaped loss of leg in accident on his farm

Leave a Comment