Line 2 of Metro Bogotá and TransMilenio Calle 13 trunk line will soon be a reality

The national government recently clarified that it signed co-financing agreements to ensure resources from the Nation of transmilenio Calle 13 and Line two of the Bogotá Metro. In doing so, it will ensure execution and implementation of the same.

In this way, President Iván Duque, one day from the end of his mandate, has ready the financing of 70% of the investment in Line 2 of the Bogotá Metro and the TransMilenio trunk line on Calle 13. With this, the two projects focused on in mobility, execution and implementation resources are guaranteed. In turn, this evidences the Nation’s commitment to leave sustainable and efficient transportation systems.

The signing of these agreements for these projects was carried out with the presence of the President of the Republic, Iván Duque Márquez; the Minister of Transport, Ángela María Orozco; the mayor of Bogotá, Claudia López, among other national and district government officials.

In the middle of the event Iván Duque indicated: “in record time, in less than two years, we managed to reach the point that is reached today, to that level of irreversible start and that is to leave financed, signed and guaranteed the co-financing of the Nation, the 70% for the Second Metro LineWhat took decades, we did in a short time. Our Government will leave these two important milestones: First Line in execution; Second Line with co-financing, insured the resources and their validity. But this government also leaves Bogota the co-financing agreement for the Calle 13 corridor, which will improve the lives of millions of citizens, which will guarantee better mobility and which will guarantee the private sector more competitiveness”.

Metro Line 2 is one of the most important projects for Colombian capital, which will benefit 2.5 million inhabitants of the towns of Chapinero, Barrios Unidos, Engativá and Suba. In addition, it will be 15.5 kilometers long, with 11 stations, of which ten are underground and five will connect with TransMilenio. This system has a total cost of $34.93 billion, of which the Nation contributes $24.45 billion and the District $10.48 billion, all in constant 2021 pesos.

The TransMilenio Calle 13 trunk will have a length of 11.4 kilometers of lane built between Carrera 50 and the District boundary on the Bogotá River. It will have four lanes in each direction for mixed traffic, an exclusive lane for TransMilenio and two lanes at stations. To these are added 13 stations, a main station and a patio to house 104 articulated and bi-articulated buses. The project will also include the construction of public space with sidewalks and bike paths.

The new trunk of the public transport system will benefit more than 800 thousand citizens, in addition to decongesting the central-western area of ​​Bogotá and allowing connection with the neighboring municipalities of Cundinamarca. This project has a total investment of 4.97 billion, of which the Nation contributes 70%, that is, 3.48 billion, and Bogotá the remaining 30%, which corresponds to 1.49 billion, resources in constant 2021 pesos.

Ángela María Orozco, Minister of Transportation, assured: “Today we mark a new milestone for transportation in Bogotá, with the signing of the co-financing agreements for the Line 2 projects and the TransMilenio trunk line on Calle 13, a commitment to the sustainable mobility, that which in addition to helping us get around, takes care of people and the environment, reducing emissions of polluting gases and generating a better public space. So this is very good news for everyone.”

Line 2 of the Bogotá Metro and the TransMilenio Calle 13 trunk come to complement a sustainable mobility network that has been consolidated thanks to the support of the national government, such as the First Line of the Bogotá Metro, the feeder trunk lines: Avenida 68 and Avenida Ciudad de Cali, the Regiotram de Occidente and the extension of TransMilenio to Soacha in phases two and three. Projects that complement and strengthen urban transport in the Bogotá Region.

Leave a Comment