One week after the first update for New World, Amazon continues to go for it. Patch 1.0.2 for the MMO has been announced and is already at the gates. The focus is not on any major changes, but a load of bug fixes.
In terms of character transfer, there is still no news. The new update should, however, make further preparations for the upcoming feature, even if no details are given in this regard. In a separate news item we will keep you up to date on the subject of character transfer:
more on the subject
New World: Everything about character transfer
The most important information about Patch 1.0.2
When does the update appear? You can download the patch from October 13, 2021 at 12 noon. The servers are expected to be unavailable for about five hours.
Influence gain adjusted: When attacking an area, the developers have reduced the gain in influence over time for the attacking faction and even removed the loss of influence over time for the defending faction. This is said to make it more difficult to put an area at war.
There are no further changes in terms of play. Instead, the patch focuses on bug fixes in the world, improves translation problems and corrects minor respawn errors.
Is New World worth it or not? In our detailed test, we put Amazon’s online role-playing game through its paces and tell you who the trip is for:
more on the subject
New World in the test: Our final rating
The complete patch notes for update 1.0.2
We have adjusted the gain in influence over time so that waging an area at war continues to require significant efforts:
- The gain in influence over time has been significantly reduced for the attacking faction. The reason for this was a bug that caused the influence to multiply much faster than intended.
- The loss of influence over time for defending factions has been removed.
General bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug where players could respawn as corpses.
- Fixed a bug where the Rank 3 Fishing Treasure Chest would not offer any resistance after hanging on the hook.
- Various translation problems and text fields have been corrected.
- The notifications of information about players who have been disconnected, suspended, banned or removed from the game by Easy Anti-Cheat have been improved. Additional notifications have been added to help players better understand the reason for the penalty received.
- Fixed a bug that caused Territory Influence to reset after an invasion.
- Fixed a bug where players who tried to take a portion of stacked items from a settlement that did not belong to their faction would have the total cost of all items in the stack deducted as a cost.
- Fixed a game crash that would trigger if players were using fast travel or teleporting away at the same moment they were applying a healing effect to another player.
- Fixed a bug that reduced the variety and potential amount of loot from game modes and chests in the world.
- Fixed a bug that caused some crafting bonuses not to deliver the intended minimums.
- Fixed a bug that caused excess items in the warehouse to be transferred to a different area.
- Fixed a bug where petting Snore Timedes would cause the camera to shake.
- Fixed a bug that caused the cooldown of the Ice Pillar skill to not be calculated correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the settlement’s warehouse to be massively overcrowded due to expired contracts.
- Fixed a bug that caused a player’s movements to stall when they were busy logging.
- Fixed a bug where there weren’t enough chests in Howe the Unlucky Home to qualify for the faction quest.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to teleport randomly.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to disappear if they were standing still holding a blueprint for a camp turret.
- Fixed a visual issue where it would appear like repeater turrets were firing projectiles at an angle that did not match the turret’s orientation.
- Various game crashes have been fixed.
AI bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug that caused Bog Pine to respawn more slowly than intended when fishing for flatfish.
- Fixed a bug that caused some bears to respawn faster than intended.
- Fixed a bug that caused twice as many wild boars to spawn as intended at the Wild Boar Floodplain landmark on the Unsteady Coast.
Shop bug fixes:
- A bug has been fixed that caused players to be asked to buy an item for which they had already started the activation process in the in-game shop shortly before attempting to activate another item immediately afterwards.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the shop preview of skins from working properly when the player was actively wielding a weapon.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Righteous Guardian armor skin from changing color during war.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the rune bear’s armor skin from changing color during war.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect poses when previewing items in the shop.