In addition to seeking a proper diet and regular exercise, those who want to lose weight must also have a calm mind. Stressful situations make people feel hungrier and eat more, in addition to causing an imbalance in hormones, which helps to accumulate even more fat in the body.
According to nutritionist Renata Branco, some herbal teas easily found in Brazil can help modulate stress and help the body lose weight, in addition to offering several other benefits. Check out some recipes to improve your mood and stay on top of your diet:
Tea to regulate sleep
A bad night’s sleep is one of the villains of weight loss. Lack of rest increases the production of the stress hormone cortisol, causing the body to accumulate more abdominal fat.
Ideally, each individual should get at least eight hours of sleep. According to the nutritionist, “herbs such as mulungu, passionflower and valerian are the most suitable for improving sleep quality”, and an infusion of all of them can guarantee better sleep. She gives tips on how to make the drink:
- Separate 3 tablespoons of mulungu;
- Also reserve 6 tablespoons of chamomile and the same amount of lemon balm and passion fruit pulp;
- Grind all the herbs in a mixer or blender;
- Store the mixture in a glass container and store in a damp, well-lit place;
- Boil 1 liter of water;
- Put five heaped tablespoons of the mixture into the boiled water;
- Let the infusion rest for 10 minutes.
The tip is to have a cup at night. This amount of tea can be shared with other people and must be consumed within 24 hours of preparation.
tea against stress
As for stress modulation, the nutritionist’s favorite plants are lemongrass, Peruvian maca and lemon balm. They help control mood, in addition to having analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant functions, important for weight loss. Check out the recipe:
- Separate a fist full of one of the herbs;
- Wash well and cut into small pieces;
- Macerate everything until it forms a paste or hit the blender;
- Heat 250 ml of water and bring to a boil;
- Put the herb paste in the water and let it infuse for 10 minutes;
- Drink it hot or cold before bed.
Medicinal herbs are considered natural medicines. And, like all drugs, they should be used sparingly. People with low blood pressure, for example, cannot take soothing teas indiscriminately, as they can lower blood pressure even further.
Therefore, it is always important to seek guidance from a health professional on the right amount of the drink that should be consumed so that the benefits are fully achieved.
In addition to teas, drinking plenty of water and eating foods such as broccoli and chicory, oatmeal, chia seeds, and probiotics, such as yogurt, help regulate the intestines, eliminate toxins, improve nutrient absorption and take care of mental health.
Get news from metropolises on your Telegram and stay on top of everything! Just access the channel: https://t.me/metropolesurgente.