Alpaca from Peru to the world. Today (August 1) is the National Alpaca Day, emblematic camelid of our Andes and whose fine fiber continues to add world fame. And it is that alpaca toys have also been added to the textile production of various garments, for example through stuffed animals that are conquering the taste of children and adults in China.
LOOK: “Peruvians are entrepreneurs, creative, very ‘chambeadores’, but bad at voting”, says sociologist
“The export potential of Peruvian alpaca stuffed dolls to China it’s huge. Its shapes, textures and colors adapted to Chinese taste have been key for sales to grow exponentially”highlighted the CGTN television network in Spanish.
In addition, he made reference to the fact that they have just been part of the Hainan Expo, a large international exhibition event for consumer products in China, where there is a diversity of alpaca dolls. “which are soft to the touch and very nice”.
Warmpaca: successful Peruvian-Chinese venture
The successful Warmpaca brand, created by four young people (two Peruvian and two Chinese) is a ‘boom’ in the Asian market with its stuffed animals. And this is how our compatriots recognize it Alejandra Bedregal and Ysabel Zeea. They detail that here the soft and delicate alpaca wool is selected and with artisans and designers they obtain original designs for stuffed animals and other products.
trome He was able to learn that this undertaking is approximately five years old and brings together responsible work, which values the richness of Peruvian artisanal techniques and the sustainability of alpaca fiber.
Alejandra said that they started from the idea of selling alpaca dolls or decorative figures, “working with artisans so that they also have greater commercial and economic support and take their art to the world”, told Leonid Llanos, CGTN’s Spanish correspondent.
“As women we are very detailed and each one contributes her work, with her own talent and confidence is also important”he added Ma Yuxia, at the Hainan Expo to Wu Wenxian, a reporter for the television network.
The Consulate General of Peru in Shanghai also highlights the origin of the alpaca stuffed animals that can be purchased in China.
“They are soft, even relaxing”, “they make you want to hug them”, “They look very pretty”, comments from Chinese consumers are frequent.
LOOK: Russians and Ukrainians united by love and art in ‘The Great Circus’. International show opened tent in Lima
Fair of Peruanidad in Plaza Manco Cápac
The valuable work of artisans with alpaca fiber is also present in the Peruvian Fair installed in the Plaza Manco Cápac (La Victoria).
“We process alpaca fiber, 100% natural, and with ancient techniques we spin and weave by hand. They are thermoregulatory garments, which keep you warm in the cold”detailed Lydia Cortezorganizer of the fair, where they even held a parade of warm clothing.
Artisans from Cusco, Puno and other regions offer sweaters, gloves, hats, scarves, stockings, pumps, even jackets and ponchos with beautiful and modern designs.
LOOK: Lipstick has its ‘international day’. Curiosities of its evolution and the ‘ABC of impact lips’
- Alpaca fiber is one of the finest in the world and is superior in quality to cashmere (goat’s wool) and sheep’s wool.
- Peru is the world’s leading producer of fiber from this high Andean camelid.
- The main alpaca fiber producing regions are Puno, Cusco, Arequipa, Huancavelica, Apurímac, Ayacucho and Pasco, in areas located above 3,800 meters above sea level.
- Breeders take care of their animals, from which their greatest economic income comes (from the sale of alpaca fiber, once a year after shearing). However, little animals also face harsh weather conditions and lack of food in frosty season.
- Alpaca wool is anti-allergic and has a variety of natural colors (black, gray, brown and white).
- Warmpaca made its first export in 2017. It was an order for a thousand units for a client, worth approximately 10 thousand dollars.
- The following year the order not only doubled but also generated new customers. In 2021, it generated sales in the Chinese market of approximately one million dollars.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Alpaca from Peru showed our fine fiber at the most important yarn fair in the world
National Holidays: Enterprising chefs prepared the ‘Cebiche Huascarán’ in Huaraz, weighing more than a ton
Celebrate Peru! Patriotic parade of the National Police excited and made the streets dance in these National Holidays | PHOTOS
Roldán Tumi, a young indigenous talent, obtained a scholarship and is now the first Matsés to graduate in Anthropology in Peru
Ricardo Gareca: How did your Peruvian ‘double’, ‘Cuevita’ and other fans get to know you and what message did you give them?
Biuf, puppy king of skateboarding in Peru, turned 10 years old. Look how he keeps happily doing tricks on his skateboard! | VIDEO
The companies that attract and retain the most talent in Peru, according to the Merco Talento 2022 ranking.