The article that proposes adjustments every three months is the one that began to generate differences between the opposition ranks. Will there be a quorum for a session?
06/24/2022 – 08:41 a.m.
The sole opinion of the opposition on the Rental Law and the idea of advancing with a special session next week was left in doubt this Friday, after the agreement began to falter due to differences in a key point.
According to the NA agency, an “emergency” meeting was called among the main opposition referents by zoom after 9:00 p.m., to try to organize the issue.
The opinion that was signed this Wednesday in plenary session of commissions raised a minimum rental contract of two years and adjustments with an interval of between three and twelve months.
That point of time that passes between one increase and another is the one that began to generate differences between the legislators, since the referents of Together we are Rio Negro They publicly stated that they want to modify the three-month clause to take it to six.
The article that proposes adjustments every three months is the one that began to generate differences between the opposition ranks
The PRO does not want to make changes
The term of the adjustments was proposed by the PRO, who does not want to make any type of change in that part of the text.
Thus, the tensions, the idea of meeting next week or the following -before the winter break- began to collapse, since without Together We Are Río Negro, the bulk of the opposition was not going to get the 129 votes necessary to advance with a special discussion.
In addition, in the middle -as this agency learned- the rumors about the efforts of the Front of All to convince the people of Rio Negro not to accompany the opposition proposal in the enclosure intensified.
Rent Law: the opposition achieved a unified project
Rental law: these are the main points of the project
On Wednesday, Together for Change and the Federal Interblock agreed on a bill to reform the lhey of rentals which returns in part to the previous norm, with some tax benefits for those who rent their homes.
These are the main points of the text that got the opinion of the majority in Deputies and is heading to be discussed in the enclosure:
- The rental contract It will be for a minimum legal term of two years. (The current one is three years).
- The rental value It must be set as a single and per month, on which adjustments may be made with the frequency agreed by the parties, between three and 12 months.
- The parties must agree to a rental price update mechanism at the beginning of the contract, which may be the Consumer Price Index (IPC), the Wholesale Price Index (IPM) or the Salary Index (IS) prepared by the National Institute of Statistics and Censuses (Indec) or a combination of these indices.
- The lease contracts of property must be declared by the lessor before the Federal Administration of Public Revenues (AFIP).
- tax incentives for owners in monotax, Personal Assets and Tax on bank debits and credits.