For a preview of the biggest and most important stories from Metaverse Marketing delivered to your inbox every day at 3:00 PM PDT, subscribe here.
We’re late to the party, but today this goofy youtube video was played on loop. And maybe we practiced a little in front of the mirror. Hush, don’t tell anyone.
- Whelp, back to the drawing board: Rockstar Games has confirmed that approximately 90 videos of early development versions of Grand Theft Auto have been leaked, Darrel reports.
- Runaway man?: Kate et manique have teamed up to give us the latest on Terraform Labs’ Do Kwon. It appears that Kwon is not interested in cooperating with investigators regarding the Luna cryptocurrency wipe and South Korean authorities have requested a “red notice”, which is Interpol’s fancy talk for “no visa for you”.
- You say IA, we say deepfake: Deep Nostalgia creator D-ID has a new product that lets you create AI-generated videos from a single image, Ivan écrit.
Startups et VC
Everyone wants to get in on the AI imaging action, but if you’ve been intimidated by the existing options where you have to knock out your 1,337 command-line skills, you’re in luck: Diffusion Bee is a simple Mac application that gives you everything you need to generate your own images from a text prompt using the open source AI image generation framework, Darrel écrit.
“Over the past 12 months, founders in Africa have contacted me for advice and I have personally invested,” the founding partner of Byld Ventures said in an interview with Tag of its new $15 million fund. “So I decided to institutionalize it and set up a fund. »
- Size Matters: Connie reports that VC Ann Miura-Ko seeks to help more students answer the question, is this idea big enough?
- Like a bank safe, except for your house, and digital: Fintech Portabl app raises $2.5M to help consumers securely store financial data, reports Dominique-Madori.
- Burn, baby, bur… Wait, no, please don’t: Hajé reports that Pano has a burning desire to apply AI intelligence to wildfire detection.
- Ola pump the brakes: manique reports that Ola, backed by SoftBank, will cut 200 jobs in India.
- Oh Deere, that’s encouraging: InnerPlant expands with new $16 million funding round led by John Deere to power sustainable agriculture, Christine reports.
Why growth activation is important
In his latest TC+ article, growth expert Jonathan Martinez delves into the grim realities of user acquisition. The fact is that few people motivated enough to go through a registration process create value.
“About 95.87% of iOS users give up after day 30,” Martinez writes. “As a startup founder, how do you avoid leaks after spending significant resources acquiring people at the top of the funnel? »
To start, product teams need to identify the optimal activation metrics that shine a spotlight on the right users – those who find utility and enjoyment in your offerings.
Other great TC+ stories posted in the past few days:
Metaverse Marketing+ is our membership program that helps founders and startup teams get a head start. You can register here. Use code “DC” to get 15% off an annual subscription!
It’s not a new iPhone unless something is a mystery. In this case, the colleagues talked so much about how to configure the eSIM that Ivan thought a story about it might be popular. He was right.
Nothing like a little contest to make the gears grind, amirite? Seeing the myriad of competitors ready to launch new electric vehicles in the next few years, Tesla is ramping up production at its Texas and Shanghai factories to get ahead of the wave of vehicles, Jaclyn reports.