For ten weeks, four young couples have competed to win the cabin they themselves have refurbished on Nes Strandhager on Hadeland.
The couples had minimal experience before joining the popular TV 2 program Sommerhytta. Over the weeks, they have experienced both frustration and a feeling of mastery.
However, only one of the couples can adorn themselves with their own cabin along the Glomma. In the final, it was long even between Lina Langerud Heikkilä (31) and Eldan Naftaly Nysveen (33), and Sara Meyer Boudaya (28) and Ibrahim Mahnin (30).
When the judges were to hand out their hammers, Lina and Eldan received gold hammers from carpentry expert Lars Fossum and garden expert Finn Schjøll. Interior expert Aina Sollie Steen gave her hammer to Sara and Ibrahim.
When the last and decisive golden hammer from the cabin neighbors was to be handed out, it was Sara and Ibrahim who ran away with the victory.
See what Sara and Ibrahim think about winning Sommerhytta in the video above the case.
When TV 2 spoke to the winning couple, shortly after the final was recorded last summer, they were happy to have landed the victory after ten weeks of hard work.
– It’s crazy. Unreal. It’s surreal, they exclaim.
– I do not have words. It’s the greatest gift we can get. We have worked so hard for it, so we are grateful that it paid off, says Sara.
In the final week, the pairs fought for important gold hammers, towards the big final. That it would result in victory was neither Sara nor Ibrahim prepared for.
– We did not expect to win at all. We have been under all the way. There has been so much competition, and we have pushed ourselves all the way because of the competition. They are amazing. I have eaten so much. It has been absolutely beautiful to share this with them – and not least you, says Sara, with a good grip around her husband.
From the start, the desire for a cabin has been strong with the couple. Now the dream is finally coming true.
– To have the opportunity to get away from the city, retreat a bit, and have a place where you can invite family and friends and have fun. It means a lot, says Ibrahim when TV 2 called the couple shortly before the final was shown on screen.
And the plan for the cabin is ready:
– We intend to keep it. That’s what we’re looking forward to now, and finally putting it to use. Now we have been waiting a whole year. It has been unproblematic to wait, but it will be nice to get the key and go up there, says Ibrahim.
As the couple have not been able to use the cabin since the recording took place last summer, they are prepared for maintenance work, when they can finally return to their sanctuary. Ibrahim does not rule out that the summer holidays are spent along the beautiful Glomma.
Sara especially reveals tricks
– It will probably be at the cabin. That’s so weird to say. We have won a cabin! I do not think it has fully dawned on us yet, in fact. You feel that it tingles a little in the stomach. We have actually won, he says and chuckles.
Lina and Eldan were close to running away with the victory. They were equal to Sara and Ibrahim, when the last and decisive golden hammer was handed out. When TV 2 visited the couple at home on Gjesåsen, north of Flisa, they admit that it felt painful when the victory slipped.
– I honestly think it hurts. It does not mean that I do not treat any of the other cabin, because I treat all participants cabin. I wish we got a cabin each. It hurts, because we gave everything and were so proud and happy with the end result. Then it hurts a little, says Lina.
When they realized that victory was slipping, the balloon went out for them.
– It felt like we were hit by a bus. You stood there on the final, and that was torn away from you. We opted for homerun, but it did not happen, the couple says.
Along the way at Sommerhytta, the couple never dared to say out loud to each other that the cabin dream might come true.
Eldan has a plan: – Bid on
– Of course we hoped, because it had gone so well, and we felt we had delivered a strong end result. But we never said between the two of us that this could go our way, because we did not dare, says Lina.
When judge Finn Schjøll (74) was to hand out the finals’ first golden hammer, the couple was very happy that he chose them.
– We were very happy when Finn came to us. Then we got the hope that it might go the way. We had really worked on, and were so grateful that he saw the job we had put in. We take the fact that he came to us as a huge compliment, says Lina.
Although the couple is brilliantly happy with the cottage they have refurbished, the cottage dream has to wait a little longer.
– It became our dream cabin. Unfortunately we did not get it, so then we have to resort to saving. Now we can do carpentry, so that’s fine, says Eldan and chuckles.
– Felt we had a chance
The chances of winning for Lise Sakariassen (29) and Lars Dyve Jørgensen (29) ran out when there were three hammers left to be handed out. When TV 2 spoke to the couple, shortly after the final was over, they felt a disappointment.
– I felt I was very disappointed when we did not win. It was completely open in the final, and we had hoped all along. When we did not have a chance, I felt a great disappointment, says Lars, something his cohabitant Lise agrees with.
Visiting one of the Sommerhytta neighbors – can’t help it
When TV 2 calls Lise, shortly before the final was shown on the screen, she thinks back to the final day as nerve-wracking.
– It could go all the way. It was exciting to the end. Of course, it was disappointing not to win. You get bored, but we knew that only one couple won. We felt we had a chance, she says.
The judges each handed out their golden hammer to the couple who impressed them the most. Lise and Lars got neither of them.
– I remember we were sorry that we did not get any hammers from the judges. I thought we had a chance at everyone, she says.
Although the couple would like to win the cabin themselves, they treat Sara and Ibrahim to victory.
– I would have been happy on behalf of everyone. Everyone deserved it, because they are so good. There was fierce competition every week. I was amazed at how good everyone was. They pushed us to give more. We have had a great time, she says.
They agreed on this early during the Sommerhytta recording
During ten weeks at Nes Strandhager, the couple is brilliantly satisfied with how the cabin turned out in the end. Buying it, however, is not relevant.
– We can not afford to buy it, but we would like to buy a cheap cabin somewhere else, and refurbish it, says Lise.
– Then we can hope that there are some fun people who want to move in here, who like all our fun solutions – and take care of the garden, Lars adds.
With only one golden hammer, it quickly became clear that the chances of winning were slim for Daria Klovholt (26) and Marius Sætre Holst (27). The couple tells TV 2 that they were set for a loss when the final week started.
– We adjusted to it the last week – that it looked like it was sticking out. I do not necessarily think that our cabin represents a fourth place, but we are happy with how it turned out, says Marius when TV 2 met the couple shortly after the final last year.
When TV 2 called the couple before the final was broadcast on TV, they describe the final as a nice day, despite the result.
– Of course, it’s bullshit that we did not feel we were in the competition once, but we worked our way through that irritation during the weeks, rather than having to dwell on it on the final day, says Daria.
Get a gift from the Sommerhytta couples
Took to tears
During the weeks at Nes Strandhager, the four participating couples have developed close relationships with each other. When host Guri Solberg (45) revealed the winners, Daria could not hold back her tears.
– I cried when Sara and Ibrahim won. I was so happy on their behalf. I probably would have done that no matter who won, but I felt their joy. I’m really happy on their behalf. I was completely moved. I treat them so crazy, she says.
– Sara and Ibrahim are two fantastic people that we have become very happy with. That they won does not make us anything. They may have come in as little underdogs, and in the end they learned so much, says Marius.
Even though there was no victory and a cabin for the couple, the cabin dream is alive and well.
– We do not have money in the account that represents a cabin. Maybe sometime later. We absolutely hope that the cabin dream comes true once in a lifetime, the couple says.
Watch the entire season of Sommerhytta TV 2 Play when you want.