From Victoria’s inspo. To the late call from Sofia’s stylist. Here is the whole story behind Princess Sofia’s successful look!
Turn on sound
Victoria has her style. And Sofia a look all her own.
But last night it happened: Sofia made a knockout success – in an outfit that took inspiration from the statement skirt that Victoria wore in May.
And it was no accident!
The star designer behind these magnificent skirts is Swedish MaxJenny Forslund – and her evening wear has taken the royal family by storm. Victoria was first on the ball, and since Monday a MaxJenny skirt is also hanging in the wardrobe at Princess Sofia’s home at Villa Solbacken.
– I am extremely happy that Princess Sofia has made this choice! says MaxJenny when we reach her hours after Sofia’s style success at the Funkisfestivalen last night.
– This is a slightly different look for Sofia, and a slightly daring choice, because you make such a fantastic entrance in this skirt. She has stepped up!
– Then it was great that Princess Sofia wore a basic black top – just like the Crown Princess did last spring. When you match my garments, you don’t have to be very dramatic, it’s the skirt that is snackable and does the talking.
MaxJenny Forslund – the designer behind Princess Sofia’s evening dress
Did you know Sofia was going to show up in your skirt yesterday?
– Yes, it was specially delivered to her, and the special order actually only arrived last Friday evening. But we are like little weasels here behind the scenes!
So you offered it to Villa Solbacken?
– Well, exactly. And I am so very happy that she felt so beautiful in it, she shines!
– My customers often tell me what empowerment they get from my clothes. You should feel expensive and delicious and safe, and radiate that you own everything! They are perfect if you are going to be on stage or be a little extra in the spotlight – as Princess Sofia did yesterday.
– Sofia’s stylist Lotta Carlsen and Victoria’s stylist Tina Törnqvist do a magical job, both of them. I think they are so talented. And the crown princess in particular is the world’s ambassador for Swedish design. She does it with such style.
And don’t miss out on the pattern on the skirt – a classic MaxJenny print with a special story:
– I take photos with my sweet little iPhone wherever I am, and then I cut and paste. This particular print that you see on Princess Sofia’s skirt comes from a church roof in a small village in Sicily, says MaxJenny Forslund.
So there you have it – the story behind the look.
And Sofia herself was lyrical:
– What a wonderful start to autumn!
Recommended reading for you