18.12.2021 – 15:42
Medienfachverlag Oberauer GmbH
This year’s ranking of the “Journalists of the year” broke records. 1280 people voted – and left more than 2200 comments.
In an interview with the “Schweizer Journalist: in”, Luzia Tschirky talks about her everyday life as a correspondent in Russia – and her kidnapping in Minsk at the beginning of the year. The interview can also be found in the “Entre Nous” podcast on all common platforms. Italy correspondent Oliver Meiler from the “Tages-Anzeiger” landed in second place, while Carlos Hanimann, “Republic” took third place.
The editor-in-chief of the year is the Megafon collective from the Berner Reitschule, which attracted attention last year mainly due to its dispute with Tamedia. Philipp Loser from “Magazin” is columnist of the year. His editor Bruno Ziauddin describes how a good column works – and why Loser fulfills these requirements so precisely. Hanspeter Bäni is video journalist of the year. He will receive the award shortly before his retirement. Christof Gertsch and Mikael Krogerus were voted Reporters of the Year by a large margin. Watson’s Petar Marjanovic is newcomer of the year. There were numerous comments on all nominees, some of which are presented unchanged in the current issue of “Schweizer Journalist: in”.
The 1280 participants voted this year::
- Journalist of the year: Luzia Tschirky, SRF
- Editor-in-Chief of the Year: Collective Megaphone, Megaphone
- Reporter of the year: Christof Gertsch and Mikael Krogerus, “Das Magazin”
- Political Journalist of the Year: Oliver Washington, SRF
- Business Journalist of the Year: Olivia Kühni, “Republic”
- Research Journalist of the Year: Adrienne Fichter, “Republik”
- Society Journalist of the Year: Sacha Batthyany, “NZZ am Sonntag”
- Sports Journalist of the Year: Mämä Sykora, “Twelve”
- Column of the year: Philipp Loser, “Das Magazin”
- Cultural Journalist of the Year: Andreas Tobler, “Tages-Anzeiger”
- Local Journalist of the Year: Samuel Burgener, “Walliser Bote”
- Newcomer of the year: Petar Marjanovic, “Watson”
- Audio journalist of the year, Susanne Brunner, SRF
- Video journalist of the year, Hanspeter Bäni, SRF
The special prize awarded by the editorial team of “Schweizer Journalist: in” goes to the Social Responsibility Board of “20 Minuten”.
Due to the current pandemic situation, the planned award ceremony has been postponed from January to spring.
Charlotte Theile, Co-Editor-in-Chief “Schweizer Journalist: in”, [email protected], Tel. +41 (0) 78 244 24 11
Original content from: Medienfachverlag Oberauer GmbH, transmitted by news aktuell