“The Little Lord”, “Cinderella” or “Kevin – Home Alone”: We reveal when the Christmas films 2022 can be seen on TV.
- Many people get in the mood with Christmas films during Advent
- In the period leading up to Christmas, many of the films are shown on television
- Read here when the popular classics can be seen on TV
Countless runs every year Christmas Movies and classics on TV. And although some people know long-running hits like “The Little Lord”, “Cinderella” or “Home Alone” almost by heart, they still tune in again and again. For many people, certain films simply belong to Christmas. This will also be the case in 2022. And many of the classics will also be shown on television this year. We have summarized the most important broadcast dates for you.
“Three hazelnuts for Cinderella”: These are the broadcast dates for 2022
“Three Nuts for Cinderella” is one of the classics among the Christmas films and ensures dream ratings every year. The German-Czech co-production from 1973 is shown on television quite often. The public broadcasters are even showing the fairy tale by director Vaclav Vorlicek, who died in 2019, from the end of November:
- Sunday, November 27, 3:35 p.m., Das Erste
- Sunday, December 4, 12 p.m., BR
- Sunday, December 4th, 3:05 p.m., WDR
- Sunday, December 11, 4:35 p.m., MDR
- Sunday, December 18, 12:05 p.m., NDR
- Saturday, December 24, 1:40 p.m., Das Erste
- Saturday, December 24, 4:10 p.m., NDR
- Saturday, December 24, 6:50 p.m. ONE
- Saturday, December 24, 8:15 p.m., WDR
- Saturday, December 24, 11:10 p.m., SWR
- Sunday, December 25, 11:05 a.m., Das Erste
- Sunday, December 25, 3:25 p.m., RBB
- Monday, December 26, 5:25 p.m., MDR
- Saturday, December 31, 1:55 p.m. HR
“The Little Lord”: When will the Christmas film 2022 be on TV?
“The Little Lord” is also one of the films that are an integral part of the Christmas programme. The film adaptation of the novel about eight-year-old Cedric, who suddenly learns that he belongs to a British noble family, has enjoyed cult status for decades. Read here: Why “The Little Lord” became a ratings phenomenon
The film from 1980 is not shown on television quite as often as “Cinderella”. It only runs twice on free TV – on December 23 (8:15 p.m.) and on December 26 (3:50 p.m.) on the first. In addition, “Sky Cinema” shows him several times during the Advent season.
Christmas 2022: “Sissi” – when will the trilogy be on TV?
“Sissi” with Romy Schneider is one of the most legendary films of the 20th century, at least in Central Europe. The trilogy about the Austrian Empress Elisabeth from the 1950s with Romy Schneider in the leading role will be shown on TV at Christmas 2022, like every year during the festive season. Read here: Why Romy Schneider’s relationship with the Germans was so difficult
- “Sissi”: Sunday, December 25, 3:45 p.m., The First
- “Sissi – The Young Empress”: Sunday, December 25, 5:30 p.m., Das Erste
- “Sissi – fateful years of an empress”: Monday, December 26, 5:30 p.m., Das Erste
Christmas 2022: When will “Christmas at the Hoppenstedts” be on TV?
Vicco von Bülow, alias Loriot, wrote TV history with his Christmas film “Christmas at the Hoppenstedts”. The film is shown on television several times each year around Christmas. And even in 2022 you will probably find out: “There used to be more tinsel somehow”. Also read: When, how and why do Christians actually celebrate Christmas?
- Saturday, December 24, 3:05 p.m., Das Erste
- Saturday, December 24, 3:45 p.m., NDR
- Saturday, December 24, 4:50 p.m., SWR
- Saturday, December 24, 10:15 p.m., SWR
- Saturday, December 24, 10:30 p.m., MDR
- Saturday, December 24, 11:20 p.m., WDR
- Saturday, December 24, 11:34 p.m., NDR
- Sunday, December 25, 2:10 p.m., BR
“Kevin – Home Alone” on Christmas 2022 on TV
The film series about Kevin McCallister, first brought to life by the young Macaulay Culkin in 1991, has also been one of the Christmas classics ever since. The strip, in which the cheeky blond boy is forgotten by his parents at home over Christmas, has been shown on Sat.1 every Christmas for years. It is not yet clear whether this will also be the case in 2022.
Christmas films 2022: These classics are also shown on TV
In addition to the classics mentioned above, there are many other films that can be seen on TV around Christmas 2022, some of them several times. In our list you will find a large selection with which you can get in the mood for the Christmas season.
- “The Miracle of Manhattan”: December 3, 8:15 p.m., Vox and December 4, 5:55 p.m., Vox
- “Last Christmas”: December 4, 8:15 p.m., RTL and December 4, 11:45 p.m., RTL
- “The Grinch”: December 9, 8:15 p.m., SuperRTL
- “Santa Clause”: December 15, 8:15 p.m., Vox
- “Nice presents”: December 22, 8:15 p.m., RTL II and December 23, 1:30 a.m., RTL II
- “Actually … Love”: December 20, 8:15 p.m., ZDFneo and December 25, 11:20 p.m., ZDF
You can find more articles from this category here: Television