The disappearance of Josías Galeano and a police photo that raises doubts

Sunday May 15, 2022 | 2:00 a.m.

That they saw it in Cien Hectáreas, that it went through a downtown bakery, that it was in San Miguel or that it traveled to Puerto Iguazú with an older man, among other versions that led to successive rakings, raids and even a search with dogs trained that sniffed garments of the minor.

But the only thing that is concrete is that 15 days after the disappearance of Josías Ezequiel Galeano (15), none of the hypotheses considered or the police operations deployed have made it possible to find his current whereabouts, at least until now.

In this context, a photograph initially disseminated by Regional Unit II in the framework of the investigations becomes relevant, where the boy is observed standing in front of a police mobile with the lights on, which corroborates that the image was taken by a uniformed man.

In said photo, Josías appears with a black eye and is wearing the same red jacket that he had on at the time of his disappearance, last Saturday, April 30, as described by his mother in the original complaint.

“I was not aware of the existence of that photo nor do I know when it was taken. The Police never informed me what happened that day, why he had a black eye and they took a photo of him when he was a minor. I think that the Police should be investigated because of that photo, because it makes you think about a lot of things. From the first moment I feel like they know things that they don’t want to tell me, “reflected Carolina Ramírez, mother of the minor.

Meanwhile, he anticipated that tomorrow he will appear before the investigating prosecutor’s office on duty to denounce that his son would have been the victim of continuous physical abuse and threats by the police, as he told him days before his disappearance.

“Mommy, the police beat me”

In dialogue with The territorythe parent acknowledged that in the first two or three days she speculated that her son was at a friend’s house, since on previous occasions he left without saying anything, but always returned within 48 hours.

In relation to the alleged police pressure, he mentioned that weeks before police officers delayed him in the framework of an investigation for an illegal act that occurred in front of the casino.

“He told me that the police beat him a lot and that they later threw him here at my house as if he were a bag of potatoes. He was badly beaten and that morning I took him to the hospital. He always told me: ‘Mommy, the police beat me.’ Even the last time they held him for about five hours in the Fourth Section, he was beaten all over his legs and face,” Ramírez said.

She also mentioned an episode that she herself witnessed and now becomes relevant.

“Once in the Second Precinct an officer told me: ‘Your son is a criminal, and wherever we find him we are going to pick him up and beat him up.’ As for them, my son has no rights and they can mistreat him because they are cops”.

And he added: “I do not deny that my son has problems, that he has been using drugs since he was 10 years old and has already committed crimes. But it is also true that I knocked on a lot of doors looking for help and they never helped me. I felt overwhelmed, alone and discriminated against. That’s why I never reported what the police did to my son before because I thought they weren’t going to do anything or even retaliate against him. Now I regret not having reported what he told me before and that I heard from the police themselves”.

Versions and contradictions

Ramírez works in the Municipality of Oberá and raises her three children alone, of which the oldest is Josías, whose father is a police officer and works in the Second Section of Oberá.

On the day of the disappearance, the mother commented that the minor “was fine. He asked me for money to cut his hair, we had lunch and at around 1:30 p.m. he left the house to go to the barber, supposedly.”

That noon he was wearing his red jacket, the same one with which he appears in the photograph released by the Police.

“For me it is key to know when the photo where the patrol car appears was taken, which I have not yet achieved. First, an officer from the Women’s Police Station told me that it was from May 6, that is, almost a week after he disappeared and when the Police themselves were looking for him, supposedly. It does not close me. Then the head of the Investigation Brigade told me that it is a photo from April. That is to say, the Police contradicts itself, “he claimed.

The image in question was taken at the corner of Gobernador Barreyro and Erasmie, in the heart of Oberá, an area full of security cameras.

But strikingly, 15 days after the boy’s disappearance, Regional Unit II was unable to review the recordings of said cameras to confirm the exact date the photo was taken. They are all speculation.

“The times I asked if they could look at the cameras in that area, they came up with different excuses and they didn’t tell me anything concrete. I don’t know how long it can take to ask for permission to review the recordings. Because a 15-year-old boy was lost here, it’s something very serious, beyond the fact that he is my son,” Ramírez stressed.

all from scratch

During the last few days, the Investigating Court Two of Oberá ordered a series of raids on different homes of people who were identified as seen with the missing minor. Although all procedures were unsuccessful.

On Friday morning, the Police collected the minor’s clothing that was used to guide a tracker dog on a property on Larrea Street, which also did not yield any results that would allow the investigation to move forward.

“The head of the Brigade told me: ‘I’m going to be honest with you, he’s not here in Oberá because he’s gone through all the neighborhoods and he doesn’t show up. We have to start everything from scratch.’ He even told me that my son He spent drugs and they buried him there, as if to prepare me for the worst, it seems. I don’t know what to think anymore and I’m very scared, “he acknowledged dejectedly.

To complete a bleak picture, he pointed out that Josías’s father told him that “he dreamed of his son, who calls him and tells him that he is no longer here, as if he is already dead, hanging somewhere, he told me. That he was a policeman tell me that, it fills me with anguish and despair”.

Yesterday, a new version indicated that the minor would have been seen together with an older man in a bus bound for Puerto Iguazú, a clue that reached the ears of the Police, although at the close of this edition there would be no news about it.

“At this point I do not believe or guide myself by any hypothesis, I only ask that the authorities do their job. Too many days have passed and I do not see that the Police have a concrete panorama. They are improvising as they go and have no answers,” he remarked.

national search

Last week the civil association Missing Children Argentina joined the search for Josías Ezequiel Galeano by publishing the photo of the minor and his personal databoth on the official website and on the various social networks, expanding the radius of the investigation to the entire national territory.

The case also reached the National Registry of Information on Missing Minors, dependent on the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights of the Nation. This agency has a free line 142 that is open 24 hours a day, while its database centralizes information from the entire country on missing children and adolescents. It also disseminates the cases through different means, provides advice and accompanies the families.

Josías is thin, 1.55 meters tall, dark brown hair, brunette complexion, brown eyes. He has tattoos on both arms, a palm tree and a moon on his forearm, and a basketball player with a ball on his right leg.

At the time of his absence, he was wearing a red Nike sports jacket, jean shorts and black and white flip-flops. For any information contact 901, 101 or the nearest police station.

Leave a Comment