In demonstration, England crushed Iran (6-2) on Monday on behalf of the first day of Group B of the 2022 World Cup. With young talents like Jude Bellingham and Bukayo Saka, the English have delighted .
Jude Bellingham shone for England.
The English are already sending a message! To start this 2022 World Cup, England outclassed Iran (6-2) on Monday during the first day of Group B.
With a pleasant collective game and individuals at the height like Jude Bellingham, Bukayo Saka, Raheem Sterling or Harry Kane, the Three Lions have flown through the debates against the overwhelmed Iranians.
Impressive Beiranvand clash, Bellingham sets tone
From the first minutes, the English immediately took control of the ball with a very contentious situation on Maguire, surrounded by Cheshmi, in the area… But the referee and the VAR did not flinch. In great difficulty, Iran suffered a big blow when goalkeeper Beiranvand left injured after an impressive head clash with his partner M. Hosseini. Following an interruption of more than 10 minutes, the Three Lions went forward and got their first chance on a shot off target from Mount.
A few seconds later, Maguire thought to open the scoring from a corner, but his head found the bar! Logically, England finally managed to find the fault with a center from Shaw taken from the head by Bellingham (1-0, 35th). His first goal in selection! In demonstration, Gareth Southgate’s men continued to roll and made the break on a superb volley from Saka after a drop from Maguire (2-0, 43rd). Just before the break, Sterling took advantage of a cross from Kane to drive the point home (3-0, 45+1e)! A recital!
The English roll, Taremi saves the honor
Returning from the locker room, Iranian coach Carlos Queiroz tried to wake up his team with three changes. Without managing to shake up England, Iran finally showed a reaction in the game with more balanced and disputed debates. But without forcing, the Three Lions were walking around and Saka offered himself a double with a shot after a nice individual work (4-0, 62nd). On the street, Iran seemed unable to react, and yet Taremi took advantage of a superb serve from Gholizadeh to save the honor with a powerful shot, which deceived Pickford with the help of the bar (4-1, 65th)! Iranian fans were exulting!
But quickly, England resumed their show and Rashford crucified Mr. Hosseini before adjusting H. Hosseini (5-1, 71st). Without forcing, the English graient thereafter and ended their festival with a final goal signed Grealish following an offering from Wilson (6-1, 90th). After a superb save from Pickford on Azmoun, the last minutes were marked by a penalty awarded Taremi for a collision with Stones signaled by the VAR. Without shaking, the Iranian scored a double (6-2, 90 + 12th). A realization that did not change the English demonstration.
Match score: 8/10
A globally one-sided game. Even though the pace of the game naturally struggled with the long interruption caused by Beiranvand’s injury, England played pleasant football in the first half. With three goals in the space of 11 minutes, the English put on a show against an overwhelmed Iranian team before the break. Even if the second act was sometimes not very intense, there was still a spectacle with chances and goals until the end.
The goals :
– After a nice collective movement, Shaw finds himself shifted to the left side. With a cross in the area, the Englishman found Bellingham, who got the better of the duel over Mr. Hosseini to open the scoring with a lobed header (1-0, 35′).
– Following a corner from Shaw, Maguire makes a delivery of the head in the axis of the surface. Without asking the slightest question, Saka made a superb volley to find the skylight of Hosseini (2-0, 43rd).
– After a long clearance from Pickford, Kane finds Bellingham leading the block. Served on the right side, the captain of England crosses into the area and Sterling cuts the trajectory at the near post to drive the point home (3-0, 45+1).
– Shifted by Sterling on the right side, Saka has fun with Mr. Hosseini, Ezatolahi and Pouraliganji, far too wait-and-see in the area, before making a shot in place to afford a double (4-0, 62nd).
– With an offensive on the right side, Gholizadeh is inspired against the English defense with a nice pass behind Maguire’s back. In the area, Taremi beats Stones and saves the honor with a powerful shot, which deceives Pickford with the help of the bar (4-1, 65th).
– On recovering the ball, Kane immediately projects forward and makes a good shift for Rashford. After a dribble over Mr. Hosseini, the Englishman quietly adjusted Hosseini to participate in the celebration (5-1, 71st).
– On an express counter, Bellingham realizes a splendid opening in depth for Wilson. Altruistic, the English striker appears in front of the goalkeeper but serves Grealish behind, who pushes the ball into the empty cage (6-1, 90th).
– Following a final free kick, Taremi finds himself hooked by Stones in the area and the VAR intervenes to signal a penalty. Without trembling, the Iranian deceives Pickford in order to offer himself a double of an attempt on the right (6-2, 90 + 12th).
Maxifoot awarded a mark (out of 10) commented on each player.
Man of the match: Bukayo Saka (8/10)
In great shape with Arsenal, the England winger embodied poison for the Iranians. With a huge volume of play, the Englishman set fire in his lane by combining several times with Trippier. Dangerous with a goal ball given Mount, who did not fit his attempt, the young talent was rewarded for his efforts with this superb achievement on a volley in the skylight of the opposing goalkeeper in the first period. Still interesting in his races after the break, he offered himself a double with a shot in place. Bright. Replace the 69th minute with Marcus Rashford (not)who took part in the celebration by scoring his country’s 5th goal.
Coming soon: discover the ratings and comments on the ENGLAND players, updated in a few moments…
Coming soon: discover the notes and comments on the players of IRAN, updated in a few moments…
And for you, who were the best and worst players of the match? React in the zone of “comments” below !
ENGLAND 6-2 IRAN (mid-time: 3-0) – CdM 2022 – 1st round, Group B / 1st day
Stadium: Khalifa International Stadium, Doha – Referee: Raphael Claus, Brazil
Goals : J. Bellingham (35th) B. Saka (43rd) R. Sterling (45+1st) B. Saka (62nd) M. Rashford (71st) J. Grealish (90th) for ENGLAND – M. Taremi (65th) M. Taremi (90+12th, pen.) for IRAN