The Minister of Health of the Nation, Carla Vizzotti, spoke about the possibility of a third dose of a vaccine against coronavirus for citizens of immunocompromised groups who are older than 60 years.
In dialogue with the Urbana Play station, the official pointed out that this extra dose of immunization It will be applied as a reinforcement to citizens over 60 years of age who have pre-existing diseases and have received both doses of the vaccine de Sinopharm.
From the beginning it was known that some reinforcement was going to be needed, said the head of the sanitary portfolio and said that the Government will evaluate the need to apply a third dose once the application of the vaccine to children from 3 to 11 years old, whose program started today.
In turn, Vizzotti compared the inoculation of a third dose with the flu immunization, which is given regularly. “His immunity is not for life, and if we get sick, natural immunity is not for life,” he remarked.
The minister affirmed that from the sanitary portfolio they work with experts, the technical areas of the ministry and the ministers “to evaluate” before the end of the year the need for a reinforcement depending on the risks.
Status of the vaccination campaign
According to the latest report from the Ministry of Health, updated at 5:28 p.m. on Tuesday, 54,353,322 doses of coronavirus vaccines were applied in the country, while the citizens that have a component are 30,319,267, and those that have the complete scheme are 24,034,055.
Regarding the progress of the immunization campaign, the official said that between October and November we aspire to advance strongly with the second doses “and that” we have recovered a lot with the combination of vaccines.
There are a million and a half doses of Moderna that have been very important to complete Sputnik, “he said and He added that now more than 3 million AstraZeneca vaccines have arrived, because in the last month people had accumulated on time for the second dose and that is what we are solving at the moment “.