This week, the Farm participants are in their fourth week on the farm.
Although it seems that the participants live in an idyllic 1921 life, it has emerged this week that two of the participants broke the rules inside the farm.
Bus driver and TikTok star Robert Michael Scott (54) and self-employed Herman Herbert Herding (24) had contact with outsiders, and received food and tobacco, among other things, and they were allowed to call home.
It was Dagbladet who mentioned the violation first.
– Thought it was nonsense
TV2.no and Good evening Norway have been in contact with several of the other participants since it became known.
They race against Scott and Herding.
– I think it’s deplorable. I’m embarrassed on Rob and Herman’s behalf. I expect more from adults, says Grethe Enlid when TV2.no calls her.
She was a big farmer on the farm this week where Scott and Herding chose to break the rules. She became aware of the rule violation when the production company that makes Farmen, Strix, had to call in for a dishwashing meeting.
But only when she came out of the yard did she understand the extent.
– I did not know that it was so bad until after the recording. When I first heard it, I thought it was nonsense – but it was actually the case. Then the air went a little out of me, she says.
Should have been thrown out
Founder Kjell Strand (55) also does not skimp on gunpowder. He smoked out when he met Scott in a duel last Sunday.
– One thing is to steal eggs, but when they meet outsiders, call home, and encourage them to come back with more food – it’s completely on the snout. It’s a shame for those who actually want to play a fair game.
Strand reacts strongly to the fact that the cheating did not have consequences for Scott and Herding.
– I think they should have been thrown out of the yard right away. I feel I am incredibly provoked, he says.
He was very disappointed with both Scott and Herding, but also the production, when he got to grips with the cheating. He questions whether the production tried to hide the escapades.
– I was furious – but who should I be furious at? Those who performed the action, or the production that tried to hide it?
Guards Amalie Lund (23) also believes that Scott and Herding should have packed their bags and left the farm.
– When you break the rules that way, I think you should be sent home. Regardless of who they are, she says to Good evening Norway.
She thinks the production chose to keep the two because they make good TV.
– Absolutely. They probably thought they could not throw them out, because they make good shows, says Lund.
See more of the interview with Amalie at the top of the case.
– Ridicules production
It was close to an application record for this season of The Farm with about 8,500 applications. Enlid believes Scott and Herding stepped on the production.
– It’s awful. They ridicule the production that does everything for us at all times, and all those who want to join.
– I hope they feel a terrible aftertaste that they were allowed to be on the farm afterwards at all. It is as far above the line as it is possible to get it. It takes a very bad time for adults to do that. Absolutely pathetic, says Enlid.
What she reacted most strongly to, however, was that Scott and Herding, due to the ongoing corona situation, put the other participants in danger.
– I was the one who ran the most around the table. As a healthcare professional, I have seen what this disease does to humans. We had a participant among us who had been seriously ill when the corona arrived last year. It made me furious that they exposed the rest of us to a potentially dangerous situation.
The participant Enlid is referring to is the real estate lawyer Thorvald Nyquist (51). He was seriously ill with corona over a year ago.
When TV2.no calls, he explains that he was never worried about his own situation.
– I was fully vaccinated and immune when I was at the Farm. It was not in my mind, says Nyquist, who adds that he understands the production’s concern.
– What I reacted to was that they had cheated. It’s okay to sabotage, steal food and lie – it’s part of the game. I respect that others do, even if I would not do it myself. But I do not like cheating, says Nyquist.
According to Enlid, the participants had talked about just this, prior to the incident.
– We thought about what happened last season, and said: “May God forbid that someone is so stupid and does such things this season”, she says.
According to Scott and Herding, they did not have the corona in mind when they met outsiders from the farm.
– That they say they did not have the corona in mind is ridiculous. The entire population of the world has had nothing else in mind but the corona in the last year. I expect more from older people, says Enlid.
Following the cheating, corona testing was performed twice, at ten-day intervals. All the tests were negative, says press manager at TV 2 Jan-Petter Dahl.
Read a longer answer from TV 2 at the bottom of the article.
Had done it again
Good evening Norway has talked to Herding who repeats that neither he nor Scott thought about the corona situation.
– We had been in there for four weeks, and there was no talk of the corona. When there are two small children who are super fans of Farmen and wanted to take pictures, we of course say yes, says Herding, and continues:
– I was damn hungry, so I did not say no to some chocolate either. I had done it again. I would have felt like an idiot if we got the corona, but when nothing happened it was “finesse” and I am very happy with it.
When Herdig is confronted with accusations of stepping on the production, he admits that he had a bad conscience.
– I had a lot of respect for the production team, because they were ten out of ten. If I had ruined for them I would have felt very bad. I had a bad conscience about the production, but not the other participants, says Herding.
He believes that the production could not throw him and Scott out, because they had no evidence that they had done anything wrong.
– I pretended to be nothing – pretended I knew nothing. Rob gave only half the truth.
Good evening Norway has also talked to Scott. He also felt that the two had to pose for selfies.
– It happened so fast, I almost panicked. I felt I had to take a selfie with them, so they did not post anything on social media. I did not think of the corona because we lived in a bubble, says Scott.
Scott and Herding are said to have taken selfies, in exchange for the hikers not sharing that the TikTok star should participate in the Farm. At the time, everything was secret.
– When the production came in, I understood the seriousness, and I never met anyone else after that day.
More serious last year
In an e-mail to TV2.no and Good evening Norway, TV 2 writes that employees in the production observed some walkers in the area of the participants, while they worked on weekly assignments.
– On the basis of this, there was a suspicion of close contact with outsiders, but the production had no evidence. Therefore, they went in and had a serious chat with the participants, writes TV 2’s press manager, Jan-Petter Dahl.
They explain why no one had to leave the farm this year, such as when emergency driver Nils Kvalvik (40) had to leave the farm last year after a similar violation.
– Last year, almost the entire cast was involved in violations that were more serious, and done with greater intent. We therefore believed that there was no basis for reacting as strongly as last year, Dahl writes.