Before Christmas, TV 2’s news anchor Yvonne Fondenes (41) revealed that she was expecting her first child, when she visited Good Morning Norway.
Now Fondenes and his cohabitant have become parents for the first time.
This is confirmed by the 41-year-old to TV 2.
– We’re just intoxicated. I have never been so exhausted and happy at the same time. It’s just fantastic, says Fondenes.
The little girl was born 17 days before term.
– We had plans to move before she came, but we did not succeed. It was naive to think that she kept to the due date, she says and laughs.
– Rawest thing I’ve ever done
Although Fondenes had a great fear of giving birth, she is left with a completely different feeling of the experience.
– It was absolutely magical and amazing, with the midwives and everyone involved. Giving birth is one of the coolest and coolest things I have done in my entire life. The first thing I said when I finished was: This I can do again!
Prior to that, the 41-year-old had read up on breathing techniques and miscellaneous – something she was initially skeptical about. Now, however, she has changed her mind.
– Now I swear to it, and can sign that it works.
During the pregnancy, Fondenes says that the couple played with various names, but fell especially for one of them.
The little girl’s name is Fey Caspara.
– We have played with it all the way, and now it feels very right. She is named after the sister of my cohabitant’s great-grandmother. They were a group of siblings who had nice and special names, but we finally landed on it. We think it was nice to take one of them on, she says.
Shared good news live
After a few days in the hospital, Fondenes and his cohabitant were able to take little Fey Caspara home. Going forward, everyday life will be a little different than what she is usually used to.
– Everything is very new, and very cool. It’s amazing how fast the day goes, even if you do not do much other than get her to sleep and eat. It takes a lot of time. I think she inherited the sleeping heart of her dad, because it is impossible to wake her when she needs food, she says and laughs.
The first wheelbarrow ride still benefits the family.
– Maybe May 17 must be a goal, she says.
Revealed pregnancy on live
The news anchor visited Good Morning Norway in connection with a post she shared on TV2.no.
The experienced journalist opened up about growing up in a violent and alcoholic home, in the middle of a quiet and resourceful residential area in Bergen.
From the outside, everything looked good, but behind the facade hid a story you did not wish existed.
Has received a huge response: – I hope that those in power use their voice to do something
The reason why Fondenes wanted to share her story was because she was worried about the thousands of Norwegian children who were forced to stay in violent homes – also during the pandemic.
The response was huge.
As Christmas approached, the 41-year-old also talked about adults’ drinking habits at Christmas – and how it affects children.
During the interview, however, Fondenes revealed that she and her cohabitant were expecting a little girl this spring.
– It is very big to have children for the first time. It was not a matter of course, so I am very happy about it, she said to Good Morning Norway.