Author of a double and a big performance, the Lille David is elected player of the day. His teammate Cabella, the Parisians Mbapp and Messi, the Lyonnais Toko Ekambi in particular, also distinguished themselves this weekend and appear in the 6th edition of the typical Maxifoot team.
The Lille David is the player of the day
As in past seasons, after each day of the championship, Maxifoot composes its standard team. The best “eleven” and seven substitutes are chosen according to their performance. Holders get three points, substitutes get one point.
12. Marco Bizot (Brest)
13. Montassar Talbi (Lorient)
14. Maxime Gonalons (Clermont)
15. Angel Gomes (Lille)
16. Jean-Eudes Aholou (Strasbourg)
17. Breel Embolo (Monaco)
18. Folarin Balogun (Reims)
Player of the day: Jonathan David (Lille)
Scored twice, the Lille striker played a decisive role in the success of his Montpellier team. Solid on his support and inspired in his calls, the Lille striker was a constant poison for the opposing defenders. He took advantage of a fine pass from Cabella in the area to equalize from the right at the end of the first period, then he inherited an offering from Bamba to offer himself a double from the left in added time. His 3rd and 4th goals in L1 this season.
Gauthier Gallon (Troyes)
Despite Rennes’ uninspired play, the ESTAC goalkeeper had to work hard. He made important saves against Traor, Santamaria, Terrier and even Bourigeaud. Decisive interventions that allowed his team to take a valuable point.
Jean-Ricner Bellegarde (Strasbourg)
Established in an unusual position of right piston opposite Brest, the midfielder delivered a good performance, winning many duels. His good calls and his speed allowed him to create danger on many occasions on the side. Returning to a post of torchbearer after the expulsion of Prcic, he was a poison for the people of Brest.
Castello Lukeba (Lyon)
Author of a shy start to the season, the Lyon defender raised his level against Angers. In addition to a solid defensive performance, Gone scored a header from a corner.
Chancel Mbemba (Marseille)
Like his start to the season with OM, the former FC Porto defender showed great serenity behind against Auxerre. With experience, he has mastered the Auxerre attackers perfectly. He also did not hesitate to project himself, like his opportunity at the end of the first period on a shot that was too crossed.
Caio Henrique (Monaco)
Very available in his left lane against Nice, the Mongasque piston delivered several good balls to his attacking partners, like his cross on the head of Embolo for the decisive opener for ASM.
Baptiste Santamaria (Rennes)
In numerical superiority, it is obviously easier to recover the balloons. But the defensive midfielder from Rennes completely suffocated the Trojans with a well-felt pressing. He also did not hesitate to project himself on a few offensive phases, hence his goal scored at the entrance to the surface.
Remy Cabella (Lille)
Well placed between the lines, the LOSC playmaker considerably hampered his former team from Montpellier la Mosson. He is rewarded for his good performance by providing two decisive assists David and Gomes.
Lionel Messi (Paris SG)
Even if he did not score against Nantes, the Argentinian enjoyed every ball and confusing runs that caused panic in the Nantes defense on many occasions. No goal, therefore, but two decisive passes for Mbapp and a real impact on the game of his team. His fine performance would have deserved a goal, but Girotto fended off a Pulga shot on his line, then Lafont stopped his shot late in the game.
Karl Toko Ekambi (Lyon)
Already a scorer and brilliant in the middle of the week against Auxerre, the Lyon striker did it again against Angers. This time, the Cameroonian international offered himself a double on a superb cross shot and a fox goal from the surfaces. His races made his opponents suffer.
Kylian Mbapp (Paris SG)
Author of a double against Nantes, the PSG striker showed clinical efficiency in the first period to score on his first opportunity with a curled shot from the right. In confidence, he tried a nice return at the end of the first period but the ball was diverted in front of the Nantes goal. He finally doubled the bet in the second act to bring his total to 7 goals in 5 L1 games this season.
Ranking: Mbemba and Messi in the lead…
1. Mbemba (Marseille) – Messi (Paris-SG): 12 points
3. Mbappe, Neymar (Paris-SG): 9 points
5. Sotoca (Lens) – Nuno Tavares (Marseille) – Hakimi (Paris-SG): 7 points
8. Costil (Auxerre) – Fofana (Lens) – Cabella, David (Lille) – Toko Ekambi (Lyon) – Lafont (Nantes): 6 points
14. Beladli (Brest): 4 points
15. Jubal, H. Sahki (Auxerre) – Dari, Belkebla (Brest) – Andric (Clermont-F.) – Samed, Frankowski (Lens) – Tete, Tagliafico, Lukeba (Lyon) – Snchez, Clauss (Marseille) – Camara , Caio Henrique (Monaco) – Cozza, Sakho, Wahi, Maouassa, Sacko, Savanier (Montpellier) – Guessand, Simon (Nantes) – Todibo (Nice) – Verratti, Marquinhos, Nuno Mendes (Paris-SG) – Faes (Reims) – Santamaria (Rennes) – Bellegarde (Strasbourg) – Nicolaisen, Dup, Aboukhlal (Toulouse) – Gallon (Troyes): 3 points
48. Gomes (Lille) – Moffi (Lorient) – Balogun (Reims): 2 points
51. Leroy (AC-Ajaccio) – Boufal, Bentaleb (Angers) – Jeanvier (Auxerre) – Bizot, Le Douaron, Duverne (Brest) – Gonalons (Clermont-F.) – Openda, Machado (Lens) – Ismaily, Zedadka, Yazici (Lille) – Talbi, Mvogo, Ponceau (Lorient) – Lepenant (Lyon) – Surez (Marseille) – Embolo, Disasi (Monaco) – Omlin (Montpellier) – Schmeichel (Nice) – Vitinha (Paris-SG) – Terrier ( Rennes) – Aholou, Sels (Strasbourg) – Dejaegere, Rafael Ratao (Toulouse) – Tardieu, Yade, Odobert, Ripart (Troyes): 1 points
Ranking by club: PSG, OM and Lens on the podium…
1. Paris-SG – 47 points
2. Marseille – 26 points
3. Lens – 21 points
4. Montpellier – 19 points
5. Lille – 17 points
6. Lyon – 16 points
7. Auxerre, Brest – 13 points
9. Nantes – 12 points
10.Toulouse – 11 points
11. Monaco – 8 points
12. Troyes – 7 points
13. Strasbourg, Reims, Lorient – 5 points
16. Nice, Rennes, Clermont-F. – 4 points
19. Angers – 2 points
20. AC-Ajaccio – 1 point
It was the typical team for the 6th day of Ligue 1. See you next Sunday to discover the typical team for the 7th day!