Too gluten free: Eggs can be omitted. If you want milk-free fish cakes, choose a milk-free product such as Gryr or Farris.
- about. 600 g haddock / haddock fillet, skin and bone free
(Fresh rather than frozen gives the best fish cakes. You can also use salmon or trout.)
- 1 ½ ts salt
- 1 small onion / shallot (can be omitted for those who do not tolerate onions)
- 1 egg (can be replaced with 2 teaspoons extra potato flour mixed with ½ dl Farris, water or milk)
- about. 3 ½ share ice-cold milk or water / Farris
- about. 1 tablespoon potato flour
- ½ – ¾ ts finely grated nutmeg or possibly. 1 teaspoon mustard
NB: Fish, eggs and milk / Farris should be ice cold.
Cut the fish fillet into pieces and place in a food processor (with a knife). Add salt and run together at half speed until a sticky mass.
Add potato flour and dilute with ice-cold liquid little by little. The amount of liquid can vary depending on the fish.
Run together into a semi-coarse full-bodied mass. Grated nutmeg or mustard is added towards the end.
Form into cakes and fry golden in butter or margarine. Place in a fireproof dish and, if necessary, bake in the oven at 150 ℃ for approx. 10 minutes.
Serve with boiled or fried potatoes and curried vegetables. Or serve the fish cakes on coarse slices of sourdough (preferably toasted / fried in a pan) or in coarse hamburger bread.
Curried stewed root vegetables
- 2-3 slices of turnip
- 1 large carrot
- 1 parsley root or 1-2 slices of celery root
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 tablespoon flour (for gluten-free, smooth sauce with cornstarch stirred into a little water / milk)
- about. 3 dl milk mixed with about 1 ½ dl boiling water from the vegetables
- finely chopped chives or spring onions
Clean and dice vegetables and cook tender in lightly salted water.
Melt butter in a saucepan. add curry and let it simmer without being burnt for approx. one minute. Add flour, stir together and dilute with milk and boiling water from the vegetables to a smooth, rich sauce.
Season with salt and pepper and turn in well-drained vegetables and finely chopped chives.
Or serve the fish cakes in a hamburger / brioche bread or on a coarse slice, with guacamole and tomato salsa.
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes or 2-3 ripe bunch tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- ev. 1/2 finely chopped fresh red chili
- 1-2 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper
Finely chop the tomatoes, garlic and mix with chili sauce (possibly ketchup), season with salt and pepper and possibly. finely chopped herbs, such as basil or coriander.
Scrape out the flesh of two ripe avocados, and squeeze over some lemon or lime to retain color and flavor. Add 1 tablespoon salt, 1 clove finely chopped garlic, pepper, 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce.