For two years, during the Covid-19 pandemic; Algerian travelers continue to demand reimbursement of their tickets reserved before the closure of the Algerian borders for international traffic.
In the same vein, the national air carrier announced in a press release shared by the Ministry of Transport, on Thursday June 23, 2022; a set of advantages and facilitations granted by Air Algérie for its customers. Indeed, the news was announced by the Ministry of Transport, and it concerns the first free changes to unused tickets during the period of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Thus, Air Algérie customers who have booked flights during the two years of the pandemic will finally be able to replace their tickets with new ones from the same cabin, without paying additional fares. However, are affected by this compensation:
- Tickets booked before October 20, 2021, to Dubai, London, Montreal, Milan and Rome;
- Reservations made before January 28, 2022 to Cairo in Egypt;
- Tickets issued before January 29, 2022 for flights to Geneva;
- The reservations issued before March 31, 2022 to Brussels;
- Reservations made before June 5, 2022, with the possibility of changing lines between Algiers and Oran Free of charge;
- Tickets obtained before June 5, 2022 to Vienna.
Deadline for refund requests for old Air Algérie tickets
In the same press release, Air Algérie specifies that its customers who have reserved tickets or archived EMD-Vouchers; during the period of the Covid-19 pandemic; will now be able to send their refund request via the following link: https: //tktcovid.airalgerie.dz
Once the request is issued, the national airline will review and process your request a few days later after registration. Thus allowing a refund or a new reservation, as the case may be. However, Air Algérie specifies in its press release the deadline for sending requests. Indeed, it is fixed for November 30, 2022.