Vorarlberg: snack board ensures fire brigade deployment



©VOL.AT/Steurer

A forgotten wooden board caused a fire in Hörbranz on Thursday morning.

On Wednesday at 8:45 a.m., the apartment owner of an apartment building left the building. Obviously he forgot to turn off a stove. Due to the heated stove, a wooden “snack board” placed there caught fire and a lot of smoke developed.

A neighbor noticed the heavy smoke and informed the rescue and fire brigade control center (RFL). The fire brigades from the localities of Hörbranz and Lochau were able to extinguish the smoldering fire in a very short time. No people were injured, there was only minor property damage to the stove. The FFW Hörbranz and Lochau were on site with 5 vehicles and 25 men.

Leave a Comment