Wasyluk case: former commissioner targeted the former head of the Villa Bonita police station, where the brutal beating occurred

Thursday, November 25, 2021 | 2:15 p.m.

“He was not my prisoner, he was the prisoner of (Marcelo) Chimiski (head of the Villa Bonita police station in April 2011, when the murder happened) and Wasyluk had to be at the Villa Bonita police station. a cell of the unit that at that time commanded (First of Oberá) by order of the superior but if I had refused, because that night I was not even on duty, today I would not be sitting here under these charges, “claimed former commissioner Miguel Ángel” Pingo “Espíndola, one of the thirteen provincial police officers charged with the murder of Hugo Wasyluk (38) after being severely beaten in the middle of an operation.

His statement took place this afternoon before the judges of the One Criminal Court of Oberá -Francisco Aguirre (president), Jorge Villalba (surrogate) and José Pablo Rivero- on the second day of oral debate in the case for “torture followed by death, omission of complaint for torture and non-compliance with the duties of a public official “.

Miguel Ángel Espíndola was head of the First Police Station of Oberá.

Precisely, Espindola is accused of failing to fulfill his duties because, according to the prosecution, he failed to provide assistance to the victim who was detained at his police station after receiving the beating that 27 hours later led to his death.

The now retired police officer defended himself saying that “I did not know that he had been beaten in Villa Bonita, I was not aware of what had happened and Hugo never complained of pain or requested medical assistance. I trusted the certificate (from Dr. Orlando Morales, a police doctor also charged with the same crime) and who went through the hospital. “

And in that section he again highlighted the figure of his colleague Chimiski: “How is Chimiski not sitting here, who was the instructor of the case (due to threats, which had led to the request for Wasyluk’s arrest) and who was at charge of the detainee. To move him to Oberá, he argued that he had many detainees in Villa Bonita but I do not know. Wasyluk was his cause, “he fired and in that context revealed that that night the victim was severely beaten” (Julio) Bordín, who He was head of Regional Unit II and ordered him to return (through Wasyluk) to the Villa Bonita police station but Chimiski, ignoring that, spoke with the second chief (Orlando) Barboza, who, without knowing what Bordín had decided, ordered that he be housed in the First and that happened. “

From left to right De Mattos, Gómez and Rodríguez, the three accused of having beaten Hugo.

“They left Hugo with us and they all left, but they never told what had happened in Villa Bonita. Nobody, not even the family, alerted us that in Villa Bonita they had gotten out of hand. They only asked us for accommodation for the detainee and they erased themselves, But in reality, they left us a man seriously injured and in danger of death along with a certificate that marked abrasions on his face, chest and that he was aggressive, “he said.

Beyond that, Espíndola was questioned by the prosecutor Myriam Silke and the plaintiff lawyers, Rafael Pereyra Pigerl and Vannela Vignolles, about his actions during the almost 27 hours that Wasiluk was detained in cell number two of the dependency of the Obereño center, on all after a subordinate (Gustavo Javier Fontana, another of the defendants) has stated in the logbook that the victim had injuries to his hands and wrists -compatible with those produced by handcuffs- that did not appear in the medical certificate and in parallel he learned that the police officer Luis Alberto Silva (also accused) the detainee asked “for pills because his body hurt.”

“They said that it was reviewed and the certificate marked abrasions on the face and chest, that he was aggressive,” the defendant reiterated and also admitted that hours after being housed he went to the cell to see how Wasyluk was “that we always take him as an aggressive person And since we knew each other from other times that I had him as a detainee, he also asked me for pills and cigarettes, he said that with that he would behave well, but he did not mention that he needed medical attention nor did he ask to be taken to the hospital. bruises that he had on his face with the certificate, but it looked good. My mistake was to trust Morales’s certificate, “he said.

Harasimezuk is the current Deputy Chief of the Oberá Women’s Police Station.

“He asked me if it was Berley”

The same degree of responsibility that Espíndola reaches to whoever was in her charge, the main officer Roxana Andrea Harasimezuk, current Deputy Chief of the Oberá Women’s Police Station and who also testified before the magistrates offering various details of the events that occurred in the First during the time Wasyluk was housed.

In this context, he contributed a piece of information that for many is striking and was interpreted differently by the actors in the debate. “When I went to cell two to see how I was, if I needed anything, Hugo asked if I was Berley, I said no and he insulted me,” he recalled and admitted that this question was repeated a second time that he saw it “with red eyes “.

Rosa Berley is the current head of the Oberá Women’s Police Station and wife of former sergeant Pedro De Mattos (48), who together with former corporal Carlos Antonio Gómez (33) and former agent Ricardo Javier Rodríguez (37), are accused torture followed by death, a crime that includes life imprisonment.

In that year in which the savage assault took place, both Berley and De Mattos were personnel from the Villa Bonita police station, under the command of Chimiski.

The commission of said agency, made up of the aforementioned De Mattos, Rodríguez and Gómez, in addition to the sub-officer Jorge Antonio Heijo and the Chief Warrant Officer Wilson Ricardo González, proceeded to arrest Wasyluk and in this context he was savagely beaten. Heijo and González did not intervene but did not report the attack either, says the accusation, which is why they are charged with the crime of failure to report.

Gómez and De Mattos after deciding not to testify before the magistrates.

Finally Harasimezuk was questioned by the complaint and the public prosecutor about the steps that he took and that he should have taken in the proper exercise of his functions as a police officer at the service of the community, since his actions that led to the accusation are also questioned and could mean sentence.

The continuity will be on Tuesday next week, at 8.30, in the SUM of the Oberá Tennis Club (OTC). There are more than 40 witnesses, among which are the forensics and relatives of Wasyluk, in addition to others contributed by the accused.

Photographs of Hugo Wasyluk’s body, which show the marks of police torture, will be exhibited in the debate

“Hearing that my son was dying and asking for me broke my heart”

Leave a Comment