Wasyluk case: former commissioner targeted the former head of the Villa Bonita police station, where the brutal beating occurred

Thursday, November 25, 2021 | 2:15 p.m.

“He was not my prisoner, he was the prisoner of (Marcelo) Chimiski (head of the Villa Bonita police station in April 2011, when the murder happened) and Wasyluk had to be at the Villa Bonita police station. a cell of the unit that at that time commanded (First of Oberá) by order of the superior but if I had refused, because that night I was not even on duty, today I would not be sitting here under these charges, “claimed former commissioner Miguel Ángel” Pingo “Espíndola, one of the thirteen provincial police officers charged with the murder of Hugo Wasyluk (38) after being severely beaten in the middle of an operation.

His statement took place this afternoon before the judges of the One Criminal Court of Oberá -Francisco Aguirre (president), Jorge Villalba (surrogate) and José Pablo Rivero- on the second day of oral debate in the case for “torture followed by death, omission of complaint for torture and non-compliance with the duties of a public official “.

Miguel Ángel Espíndola was head of the First Police Station of Oberá.

Precisely, Espindola is accused of failing to fulfill his duties because, according to the prosecution, he failed to provide assistance to the victim who was detained at his police station after receiving the beating that 27 hours later led to his death.

The now retired police officer defended himself saying that “I did not know that he had been beaten in Villa Bonita, I was not aware of what had happened and Hugo never complained of pain or requested medical assistance. I trusted the certificate (from Dr. Orlando Morales, a police doctor also charged with the same crime) and who went through the hospital. “

And in that section he again highlighted the figure of his colleague Chimiski: “How is Chimiski not sitting here, who was the instructor of the case (for which his arrest had been ordered) and who was in charge of the detainee. moving him to Oberá argued that he had many detainees in Villa Bonita but I do not know. Wasyluk was his cause, “he fired and in that context revealed that that night the victim was severely beaten” (Julio) Bordín, who was head of the Regional Unit II ordered him to return (through Wasyluk) to the Villa Bonita police station, but Chimiski, ignoring that, spoke with the second chief (Orlando) Barboza, who, without knowing what Bordín had decided, ordered that he be housed in the First and that happened. “

From left to right De Mattos, Gómez and Rodríguez, the three accused of having beaten Hugo.

“They left Hugo with us and they all left, but they never told what had happened in Villa Bonita. Nobody, not even the family, alerted us that in Villa Bonita they had gotten out of hand. They only asked us for accommodation for the detainee and they erased themselves, But in reality they left us a man seriously injured and in danger of death with a certificate that marked abrasions on his face and chest, aggressive, “he said.

Leave a Comment