Every day more Peruvians buy pre-owned cars. It is not for less. It is an interesting option for various reasons: affordable prices, variety of models, low depreciation and immediate delivery. According to figures from the Automotive Association of Peru (APP), in the first half of the year 322,368 units were transferred nationwide, which represents an increase of 13.3% compared to the same period last year. This trend is expected to continue until December 2022.
Before buying a pre-owned car, it is important to take into account a series of factors, in order to make a good investment. Acquiring the vehicle at a prestigious dealership, which guarantees a safe purchase and without intermediaries, is key to avoiding unpleasant surprises. Thus, those interested will be certain that the car has been thoroughly inspected before being put up for sale and that its papers are in order.
Pietro del Sante, general manager of One, explains that in order to choose the ideal car, we must analyze what our needs are, what use is going to be given to it: to go to work, take family outings, travel, and how much budget we have. “Once we are clear about these points, we will only be able to go to the establishment that gives us greater security and confidence and choose the vehicle that best suits our lifestyle.”, he refers.
Before closing the transaction:
- Check the car together with your trusted mechanic. In this way, you will know if it is in good condition.
- Check from the correct operation of the blades to the condition of the interior and exterior bodywork.
- Request a test drive: is it comfortable? is it spacious? do you hear any unusual sounds? do you feel any unusual vibrations?
- Remember that the test does not have to be quick. You must have time to drive a significant section and go through steep and uneven roads.
- Do not forget to check the operation of the air conditioning, lights, electrical system.
- If the car meets all of your mechanical expectations, check your paperwork and make sure everything is in order.
- Make sure you don’t have ballots, otherwise you may end up paying for the tickets yourself.