The eyes of the Champions League fans moved to England where once again the presentation of the trident made up of Neymar, Messi and Mbappe, although this time the show was expected on the other side where Manchester City he wanted to revalidate his place of first zone and dominate the group.
In the game that had Leandro Paredes from now on Angel Say Maria on the bench, Pocehttino’s men managed to gain the upper hand at the beginning of the complement with the goal of the French figure. After a great collective triangulation of the fantastic, the Argentine attended Kylian for the 1 to 0.
In a few minutes the answer would arrive with both Raheem Sterling, taking advantage of a good center from Walker and an error in the definition of Mahrez to tie. And in the absence of 15, when the citizens dominated the game, Bernardo Silva lowered a crossed center and Gabriel Jesus sentenced the comeback for the final 2 to 1.
In this way, and with the victory of RB Leipzig over Brugge 4-0, Manchetser City and PSG secured the ticket to the next round and their positions were also confirmed being first and second, respectively. Thus, the powerful French will have a tough cross in the round of 16 against another zone pointer.
Other results from Date 5
- Atlético de Madrid 0 – 1 Milan (De Paul titluar, Ángel Correa substitute)
- Liverpool 2 – 0 Porto
- Besiktas 1 – 2 Ajax (Lisandro Martínez and Tagliafico, starters)
- Sporting Lisboa 3 – 1 Borussia Dortmund
- Inter Milan 2 – 0 Shakhtar Donestk (Lautaro Martínez starter, Joaquín Correa substitute)
- Real Madrid 3 – 0 Sheriff
Qualified to Eighth Finals
- Manchester City – 1st Group A
- Paris Saint German – 2nd Group A
- Liverpool – 1° Grupo B
- Ajax – 1° Grupo C
- Real Madrid – Group D (position pending)
- Inter – Group D (position pending)
- Bayern Munich – 1 ° Group E
- Manchester United – Group F (position pending)
- Chelsea – Group H (pendent position)
- Juventus – Group H (position pending)