US director Woody Allen had repeatedly indicated that he wanted to step down. He now denies that. He is celebrating an anniversary with his new film.
New York – US director Woody Allen has once again commented on his future plans – previously he had repeatedly caused speculation about a possible career end with his statements.
“Currently he has no intention of retiring and is very much looking forward to filming his new film in Paris, which will be his 50th,” the US industry daily said in a statement Monday “Variety” and the celebrity portal “People” quoted.
The filmmaker had previously indicated several times that he wanted to step down. The statement, now quoted, reads: “He said that he is considering not making films anymore as he does not enjoy producing films that will be released directly or very quickly on streaming platforms as he is a great lover of the cinematic experience.”
In June, Woody Allen said in a conversation with actor Alec Baldwin (64): “I’ll probably do at least one more film. (…) But most of the thrill is gone.” dpa